Thursday, August 28, 2014

Flower girl dresses - the choice


Wayyyy back in this post in January I shared with you my hunt for flower girl dresses.  Now that I have plenty of adorable pictures of the girls in their dresses, I wanted to share them with you!  First....let's discuss this picture.  It is by FAR one of my favorites from our rehearsal.  We weren't sure how they would do walking down the aisle together, and during the rehearsal there wasn't even technically an aisle.....but off they went! and then Laura got this shot with the groomsmen behind them and I just about died.  SO stinking cute.


Anyway, back to their dresses.  I had done lots of brainstorming, and knew I wanted them in white or navy to coordinate with the groomsmen. I sent the information I had to my cousins to ask their input.  One of the things my cousin Nicole mentioned in her email was that both girls often wore Carters - a brand we carry at work!  I did some more online research and ended up finding this adorable dress!  Carters is great because they often have the same styles in both baby and toddler sizes, which is what we needed.  Both of my cousins loved the dress - so we made the decision and bought it!  The dress is perfect, cotton and simple and NOT expensive! So many dresses you find online that are officially "flower girl" dresses are crazy expensive, especially when the girls are so little and will literally wear it for a couple of hours.


I told Nicole and MaryAnne that shoes & hair were completely up to them, I wanted to keep things simple and easy!  They couldn't have been more adorable.  Both girls wore matching white bows in their hair, and little white shoes.  Below are a few pictures from the night that show the girls in their dresses - they couldn't have been a better match for the day!


perfect little ladies walking down the aisle!


they made it!!!

enjoying the handmade wedding favors

modeling the back of the dress ;)


As I said before, I knew the girls would look cute in anything - and I am SO glad we were able to find something pretty and simple.  and, just as I suspected, they stole the show!  S did an amazing job - she was able to hold her flower basket AND H's hand and guide her down the aisle without any difficulty!  I mean, really, could they be any cuter??

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A girl is always special to his father. Father whole life surrounds around her princess. He always sees her daughter like a little princess. and gonna fulfill all her wishes. In this blog i see an amazingly perfect relationship of father and daughter. God Bless Both.

    ReplyDelete