Sunday, August 17, 2014

My MOH Speech and Best Wishes to Rachel and Ant

Hi everybody!

This is my last post during my MOH week on the blog, and I'm sure now that Rachel is home from her honeymoon you will be getting a ton of really fun, exciting posts this week! =)

Today I'm sharing my MOH speech with you, since this is my last post here on the blog, and the end of Rachel and Ant's honeymoon, it's my way of wishing them the best as they begin 'real' married life!

Hi everyone. For those of you who don’t know me, I’m Melissa, Rachel’s maid of honor. Rachel and I met in 6th grade when we were in the same class at school. We quickly bonded over practicing walking down the aisle of my bedroom. My keyboard had an automatic play setting so we would set it to Canon and take turns being the bride and maid of honor as we walked around my bedroom with fake flowers we stole out of a basket from the hallway of my parents house. That was the year we locked each other in as maid of honor.

Rachel is like the sister I wasn’t genetically blessed with. She is stubborn and bossy and I’m terrified to lend her things because she’s so messy I don’t know if I will ever get them back. She tells me things exactly how they are. She doesn’t sugarcoat for me and if I’m acting stupid she tells me immediately. Rachel is also the most supportive of me in everything I do, she is my bffl, my best friend for life.

The second time I ever met Ant was when Ally and I went to visit Rachel during her study abroad in Spain. When I found out that he was there only a few months after they had met I wasn’t sure if he was completely nuts or just madly in love. It turned out to be the latter. I knew he was a perfect match for Rachel because during our stay, our first night in Spain overlapped with his last night there. Ant asked for permission to stay in a private room with Rachel separate from Ally and I. Little did he know Ally and I were already told by Rachel that was how it was going to work anyways.

Rachel and Ant balance each other out perfectly. One of them is patient, the other is not. One of them is a planner, the other is not. (I’ll let you decide which is which) But together they create a perfect balance. With all that being said, I have complete faith in their love for each other and their marriage and I know that in 50 years from today we will be back here celebrating their 50th anniversary. 


To Rachel and Ant, may your love last forever. 


Thanks for reading along with me this week, come by and visit me at BalancingOnMyToes.

Welcome home Rachel and Ant!!!

1 comment: