Friday, August 1, 2014

The July List: Recap

And just like that, it's August!

Holy. Crap.

One week from today I marry the love of my life.  I picked up my wedding dress last night, so I very casually have this gorgeous gown hanging in my closet, like it's normal.  Something about that made it all seem very real all of a sudden, and then I came home and proceeded to write my vows, which just added to the seriousness of the situation.  I am the luckiest girl to call Ant mine - he is my very best friend, and a fantastic partner to share life with.  Writing my vows was a truly crazy thing, and I will really look forward to reflecting on all of it with you later....but before I get emotional again I'm going to stop talking and focus on the real topic on hand...the JULY list!!! Which is soooo last month at this point....

The JULY List:
Buy Ant's belt - done.  We could have the longest conversation about my love for the JCrew outlet right now, but that would get me way off track so I'll keep going..
Build all lawn games {groom will be doing this, but still!} - I think he technically might have like, 1 thing left to do.  But I'm calling it done! Hallelujah!!! Lawn game central, here we come!
- Finish names for place cards  - Done!
- Finalize key songs  - DONE! This was by far the biggest pain in the butt, but I am so so happy with our selections.  They are very us :)
- Wedding signage  - I take ZERO credit for this, but they are done!  Thank you Cate!!!!
- Bridal party gifts 100%  - I am also cheating and calling this done.  The only thing that isn't 100% is something I can't buy until later next week, so there ya go.
- Buy a cake stand - Cake stand is purchased and ready to go!
- Finish seating chart & write table #s on place cards - The seating chart was a pleasant surprise - it was actually very easy to do!!!  and after a quick double check with the parentals, we were ready to go!  #s are written, and place cards are complete.
- Work out details of wedding program with Jen and order - Ordered, and done. and beautiful!
- Finalize cocktail hour drinks with West Bay Gourmet - Talk about spending wayyyy to much time on something silly....signature drinks are the epitome of this.  But they are turned in!  We also made our beer selections for the evening. Yay!
- Finalize timeline for the day - Timeline would be an understatement.  There are about 1 million different timelines, and versions of the timeline, depending on which person or vendor you are talking to.  BUT, generally speaking....the timeline is done.  Until I talk to someone new and remember something I forgot. 
- Place orders for rehearsal dinner food (2 caterers) - Done!  There will be food for us next Thursday.
- Buy morning-of outfit - I found my outfit, in my drawer.  Ant would be so proud ;)
- Buy rehearsal dinner shoes - Not quite.  Still deciding if I can find them in my closet....the jury is out on that one.
- Complete bathroom kits - Not entirely sure, I haven't dug through that pile of the wedding tornado in my living room yet, so we'll see...
- Print & frame wedding pictures - Not done, but soooo close.
- Celebrate Bachelorette/Stag weekend!!! - DONE! and so wonderful!!
- Buy alcohol for rehearsal dinner - Not done, but happening this weekend.
- Pay videographer balance - DONE!
- Make reservations for day of rehearsal dinner {boys - paintball. girls - nail salon} - Guys are all set, the nail salon told me to wait until next week, so there ya go.
- Write vows {!!!!!!!} insert a bunch of nervous and excited comments here. - Done!  Not without a fair share of reflection and tears though.  {happy tears, of course!}
- RELAX - I think Ant and I pulled off a fair amount of relaxation this month, considering the circumstances!

Proud of me?? You should be! and on thattttttt note, I'm going to leave you with a few pics and go continue to dig through the piles in my living room.  I'll be back tomorrow with my August list!  xoxo

Wedding bells from our sweet neighbors!

Busting out the wedding shoes - what am I up to??

Daddy's girl.

Final fitting {!!!!} at the White Dress by the Shore! AH!

I am so thankful for the memories made here...

Ladies and Gents, we have a wedding dress!!!

Things got serious in the corolla.  

This is how I felt driving away with my dress....

1.  I would like to pt out for the record, I was actually a couple minutes early for this.  Which never happens.
and 2.  This is why I love this girl...



No comments:

Post a Comment