Friday, July 15, 2016

The Blair Wife Project: Enter the Squad

This is quite possibly the most excited I have been for a post…largely in part because it has very little to do with me.  I have been pretty busy since the last post and as a result I now have six amazing friends who have agreed to be a part of our wedding. I’m beyond thrilled! Each of these ladies mean so much to me and I am eager to share a little bit of how we met and why I wanted them by my side when I say “I do”. 


Alli - Maid of Honor
Alli is my little sister and my oldest friend. She is hardly little now but I am told many time people assume she is eight by the way I gush about her and in a way, it’s very difficult for me think of her otherwise. We were attached at the hip growing up, and by attached I mean I dragged her around by her pudgy little hand almost everywhere we went. Beheading Barbie dolls, climbing out on the roof, ice cream runs with Mom, hunting for shells in Cape Cod. The majority of my happiest memories are with my sister. But she is certainly not eight years old, she is smart, incredibly talented, and fierce. I am proud to be her sister every single day. 

I’m not crying. It’s just dusty in here.

Sabrina – Matron of Honor
The sister-to-be! It is rather interesting to be in a position to gain an older sister. “Big Sister” has been exclusively and unchallengeable my title ever since Alli came into the picture and I never really imagined anything different. I always pined for a brother but I guess in my head he was always either younger than me or my long lost twin. So Sabrina has become the big sister I never knew I wanted. I absolutely love her. She’s fun, bubbly, and quite possibly one of the most thoughtful people I’ve ever known.

Allison –Bridesmaid
One the two bridesmaids (other than family) who pre-date Cody.  We met after Allison beat me out for the lead part in a community theatre production of Beauty and The Beast. And I don’t just mean she narrowly won the part – she was born to be Belle. Her and her sweet, sweet alto range had everyone, myself included, goggly-eyed and goose-bumped when she took the stage.  That summer we bonded over our exhaustion with camp jobs, our surprising whiffle ball talent, and double rehearsals (we were also in Godspell together that summer) and have stayed friends ever since.  I was THRILLED to be a part of her wedding and I’m excited she will now be in mine.

Katie –Bridesmaid
“Hi Friend!” Katie and I have only known each other for about three years but it feels like we have been friends for much longer. I suspect it has something to do with the fact our friendship was forged while on a 20-mile training run/ therapy session. We became solemates, if you will (runner’s humor). You just don’t let go of someone after you’ve shared that level of physical misery and mental dedication. We met and survived (barely) graduate school together and still manage to squeeze Sunday morning runs to this day.

Amanda-Bridesmaid
Mae-Mae. The other pre-Cody bridesmaid. Amanda was my first friend when I transferred high schools in junior year. Our friendship has withstood the test of time and long distance. Sleepovers in her basement-room, ridiculous photo shoots, free period walks to Aunt Sue’s house, conning the grumpy librarian into believing we needed to sit next to each other because our attempts at writing our own novel was for “AP English”. I love that we have always committed to stay in contact and that despite how many years have passed since high school we still wear friendship rings.  Fun fact- I was wearing it the night I got engaged!

Rachel-Bridesmaid
Last but not least, my dance partner. Nothing brings two people together faster than realizing they are next in line for the barrage of “when are you going to” interrogation by family. As I mentioned previously, Rachel and I have been planning this wedding since she and Ant got married.  I feel like we share similar brains from sense of our style (and priorities…hello first look) to the expectation of acceptable time for a vendor to reply to an email…I can’t thank her enough for responding to every “I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IM DOING” or “I’M FREAKING OUT” text I’ve sent over the last five months.


What else have we been up to? We’ve already booked our photographer and DJ (did I mention I hate sitting idle?) and have a meeting with potential videographer.  We're waiting to hear back on our catering options from Mill 1 and I have my first appointment to try on dresses in late August.  Lots to do, lots to figure out but at least I have my squad to keep me from completely freaking out.

Alright - did you see that second to last sentence?  WEDDING DRESSES!  Is is August yet???  I literally can not wait to get together with all the ladies and see this stunning bride to be in some beautiful white gowns!  

xoxo

20 comments:

  1. Lease a Car Islamabad Airport has become proficient assets i.e. experienced work, most recent model of vehicles, open business districts, and ace working relations with the accomplices in the development business, for example, surely understood inn frameworks, evident flying transports, and best visit supervisors to get the most connected with rates and lucrative association can anticipate the customers. Islamabad Rent a Car Why you should pay for the extra space that will be un-utilized for if all else fails. Rent an auto clusters set forward best rental auto benefits in Islamabad that join both sensible rates and quality affiliation.

    ReplyDelete