Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Flower girl dresses - the hunt!

Ahhhh, flower girls.  The cutest part of the bridal party.  Generally speaking, our wedding will be adults only....with the exception of our flower girls.  We will not have a ring bearer - there are far too many cute little boys on Ant's side of the family to be able to choose one!  We will have two flower girls though...very LITTLE, adorable flower girls.  One will be 18 months old, and one will be almost 3.  They are both daughters of my cousins - my dad's oldest sister's grandchildren.  You follow?  Good!

In any case, one of the things NOT on my January list, but something that I made special time for was to start thinking about flower girl dresses.  Since our wedding is in August it is going to be hot, and my flower girls are very young...I want to make sure they are comfortable!  There is no reason for full length gowns or anything with lots of crazy layers.  I am pretty confident I want them in either white, navy, or some combination - that will match the groomsmen's suits nicely, and will be easier than trying to match the blush of the bridesmaids.

I want the flower girl's mothers to ultimately decide on their dresses, that way I know they are comfortable with the choice and cost, etc.  There is no reason to spend a ton of money on a dress that they are only going to wear once!  and probably grow out of in a matter of weeks anyway.  I recently started collecting ideas, and just sent a few of them out to get the ball rolling, and see what we could come up with!  I tried for a range of fanciness - our August wedding on the water will certainly be classy, but casual enough that the right summer dress could just perfectly do the trick as well.

Here is the mix I came up with:

These two white dresses from Monsoon are absolutely adorable!  They are more along the lines of what I would consider a traditional flower girl dress, but a little more simple and sweet than a lot of the puffiness and satin I'm used to seeing.  I love the lace cap sleeves of the top one, and the adorable big bow on the second one.






This ETSY shop I found, OsEstorninhos has a couple of great options as well - the first one being a much more simple, summery version of the pure white and lace concept - with fun ruffles and flowers to dress it up a bit! The second one incorporates navy which I love, and think would look sharp next to the boys suits.  Again, a simple sash adds the perfect final touch.





This next ETSY shop, The Rogue Baby has the cutest ruffle dresses!  This all navy blue option is much more casual, but the matching white sash and headband would tie it in nicely with the rest of the wedding party.



This last one is the most casual - from the Gap...but the navy and white stripes are perfect for our seaside wedding!  My vision of this one includes adding our own sash or headband, similar to the one above it, to dress it up just a smidge!



The beauty of it all, is that the girls will look adorable in absolutely anything...which makes it the easiest decision in a lot of ways.  I fully intend on them stealing the show in that way, and I am SO okay with that!

So what do you think??  Which one would you pick?  Is there somewhere else I should be looking for potential flower girl dresses?  If you see the perfect one - send it my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment