Saturday, January 25, 2014

The Veil Epiphany*

The Veil.

For someone who has spent so much time looking at wedding related things - the veil is a tricky one that totally caught me by surprise.  When I was pretty sure I had found my wedding dress, she added a veil - and in a fashion eerily similar to one of those classy "Say Yes to the Dress" shows, it made me cry.  Not that I wasn't super emotional already, from an amazing day of trying to absolutely stunning WEDDING dresses meaning that I was a bride-to-be (!!!), but something about the veil put me over the edge.  I was not ready to make any decisions other than my dress at the time, so we put the whole veil thing on hold.

Until this week!

Wednesday my mother, MOH and I went back to The White Dress by the shore for an accessory appointment.  I won't get into all the sparkly details of the day, but I will tell you that I found my perfect veil!  But let me tell you, I had NO idea what that meant going into it.  Or even once she put 3 or 4 on my head.  You see, there are lots of types of veils.  Long, short, longer, lacey, edged with ribbon, no edge, with a blusher & without........etc.  While I KNEW I wanted a veil, I wasn't sure what type of veil was "me".  I had NEVER thought about what kind of veil I would wear, or what kind of veil had caught my attention in pictures, or anything.  I had just simply not ever thought about the veil at all.  It took a lot of thinking out loud with the stylist, Melissa & my mom to start to make sense of it all.  We talked about the dress, the feel of the wedding we were going for, the venue...and any other detail that might impact such a decision.

I think my own opinion on this one surprised me.  BUT, the beauty of it all is that you won't know until August why :)  I promise I will walk you through my whole thought process then, since I know you will be on the edge of your seat...

In the meantime - here is some veil inspiration.  When I came home from the appointment I was legitimately so confused by the whole experience I went online and looked at a million weddings, paying attention ONLY to the veils for a change.  Like anything else, the beauty of weddings is everyone is different, and different things look perfect in different situations.  I am confident and excited that mine will be perfect for me!  But here are a few of my favorites, for any other reason from my new found appreciation for veils....


















What type of veil did you wear at your wedding?  OR, if you haven't gotten married yet, which of these styles jumps out at you?  My MOH says she's always imaged being more of a sparkle in your hair kinda girl...and I can't say I blame her for that either!!


*Yes, epiphany might be a strong word for this particular topic...but in the scheme of wedding talk, that's what you get!

No comments:

Post a Comment