Wednesday, September 3, 2014

White Carpet Appointment - The Dress!

eeek!  I just realized something very exciting.

Now that the wedding is over, and you have all seen the dress - I can go back and share with you the rest of the pictures from my White Carpet Appointment last summer!  I initially share the details of the day in this post, and you can see The White Dress by the Shore's blog post here - but I obviously couldn't show you any pictures of me trying on THE dress!  That day was seriously one of the best days with my favorite women, and I can't speak more highly of the experience.  Having the boutique to ourselves made the entire experience so relaxed and special...and I love that I can go back and relive the moment I "said yes!"

Sorry, this is the definition of a "photo dump" - but there were so many good ones, and as I was going back I was really able to relive the entire day!!  My goal here is to share with you all the details you never knew you wanted to know about wedding planning - and part of it is how interesting the dress shopping experience was!  TWD made it as smooth as possible - and Shana was a saint, but it is a big decision! and the pictures do a fun job of showing you the whole thing.....so let's take a look :)

this was the first time I tried on "the dress"


I LOVED that it had the oh so subtle pockets

and have we discussed the back?

this was the first belt Shana picked out for me

I loved how simple yet detailed the top was.


I'm loving how flattering it is...

we think it might be "the dress"


****this picture above might be one of my favorite - Kristin's iPhone pics that she took legitimately helped me make up my mind.  I really thought I loved two of the dresses - and decided to look at two pics she'd taken side by side.  As soon as I saw those, I knew there was no comparing the two.  I felt, and looked like a bride in my dress. 

so we put a veil on!!






and the moms cried...




at this point I was prettyyyyy sure










I adore everything about this picture




Again, bear with me....remember this is a BIG decision.  After all of the pictures outside, I was starting to get nervous about the fact that I might have actually found MY wedding dress.  on the first trip!!!  Since I was feeling a little overwhelmed, we took everyone over to try on bridesmaids dresses and give me a breather.  Once I had a chance to digest and talk to my mom - we tried it on one more time (yes, that's three times, if you're keeping track)...

Another warning - my official "say yes" moment is coming up - and I am NOT pretty when I cry.  Oye.

lace up corsets are amazingly flattering!



I'm realizing it's the one...

....and here it is.  ugly tears, happy bride.





now we realize we need to pick a belt! so many decisions in one day.


I tried on this second one briefly...

...before we agreed the thinner one was MUCH better.  trust the professionals :)

Mission Accomplished!

Shopping for a wedding dress is such a unique and "once in a lifetime" experience - a wedding dress is obviously nothing like that I wear on a normal basis....and yet you want to find the perfect dress that still screams "you".  I was able to describe what I wanted enough that the ladies at TWD were able to help me put together the perfect outfit.  and I was SO so lucky to have all of my ladies with me!

How was your dress shopping experience???  Did you know it was "the one" right away?  And more importantly, did you have ugly tears also???

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment