Thursday, September 18, 2014

Wise Guys: the rest of the details

Getting back to my favorite gentlemen...

I filled you in on the guys suits back in this post. For the rest of the guy's outfits, we kept it simple.  We found a tie at JCrew Factory that was on sale for less than $20 including shipping! {you can actually still purchase it here, if you're interested!}


For the rest of their outfit, we asked that they wear a brown belt, brown dress shoes and a light blue dress shirt - whatever they already owned was fine!  I wanted to keep it super easy - rather than worrying about everyone going out and getting the exact same shade of browns and blues.  I love the way it turned out!  The boys look sharp, but not overdressed - perfect for the beautiful summer day we had!  

the shoreline bride

the shoreline bride


Ant coordinated with them, wearing the same suit but a white shirt and a plain navy tie.  We decided the white shirt/navy tie combination would be a slightly dressier look - more appropriate for the groom! I love that he stands out just a little bit from the rest of the guys!

the shoreline bride

As you may or may not have noticed - the groomsmen did not wear any sort of boutonniere.  To be honest with you, that was not even a topic of conversation for us!  I brought it up briefly before I went to start visiting florists and Ant said no - that boutonniere's felt too much like prom to him.  So there ya go!

Looking back, I'm really happy with his decision.  I think it makes images like this one even more classic.  No flowers, no veil, just us.

the shoreline bride


No comments:

Post a Comment