Monday, September 22, 2014

The Little Things: Cake Stand!

Okay, so when you are planning a wedding there are soooo many checklists you can use to help you make sure you take care of everything you can possibly think of.  and then! There are a million other "little things" that pop up that weren't on any lists....

One of the smaller details about the wedding I definitely waited until last minute on was the cake stand.  I knew we had to provide our own, but I just put it on the back burner and didn't go back to it until about a month or so before!  I knew I wanted it to be simple and white, and we had been told it would need to be 14"...easy enough!

Here is some inspiration for the general idea of what we were going for....




When I started looking online, I found that a wayyy more common size was 12" - so most "normal" stores where I might have looked were off limits.  So I went to Etsy!  Etsy has TONS of beautiful options if you are in the market for a unique and pretty cake stand.  However, if we're being honest, they were also way more than what I was looking to spend.  Yes - I care what it looks like, but ultimately it's going to hold the cake for a couple of pics, then get stored in a closet somewhere....so unfortunately, I just couldn't justify spending $100 or more on one!  





A few more google searches later - I found Horchow! Their quilted cake plate is perfect - short and white and $48!  They also happen to run a TON of sales, so I was able to purchase it for $46, including shipping!!




It looked so simple and pretty with our adorable cake on top of it!  Mission accomplished :)


No comments:

Post a Comment