Friday, May 2, 2014

The May List: 3 months to go!

Happy May!  May is just about the best month ever.  My birthday and Ant's birthday are both in May {4 days apart - so much Taurus in one house}.  May is also the month that Ant proposed to me! and this year it is also the month my mom graduates with her PhD and becomes Dr. Tewksbury!!  So, needless to say…May will be a busy month.  Here's what I have in mind as far as wedding planning is concerned.

The MAY List:
First: the things that are rolling over..
Coffee or BH visit with Pat - discuss ceremony music & other song ideas - sort of cheating, our meeting is already set up for next week
- Buy Ant's belt
- Send updated timeline stuff to Rachel
- Book videographer
- Pay $xxx.xx of our honeymoon balance
Now: the new things on the list for this month…
- Buy my shoes - this is not optional, and will happen while I am in NYC this weekend
- Build all lawn games {groom will be doing this, but still!
- Send email to groomsmen about shoes/belts/shirts
- Schedule hair trial
- Make all table #s - this one might be a little aggressive, but maybe??
- Start looking for MOTB dress
- Take at least one dad suit shopping
- Finalize menu for rehearsal dinner
- Decide on rehearsal dinner invites
- Decide if I need to see a seamstress about my rehearsal dinner dress
- Send out friendly reminders about the hotel room block!
- Look into transportation options
- Celebrate our one year engagement anniversary!!! - not sure if it counts as wedding planning, but I'm making it work!

Yikes.  Ok I got a little carried away at the end so I'm stopping myself now.  But three months is not a lot of time left!!!  So we'll see how this goes. 

Besides all of the wedding planning and celebrations - our goal is to get the house ready for summer.  We hope to have people over as much as possible, which means it needs to be ready for visitors!  Here are a few sneak peeks of the various projects we have going on...




chores & errands are WAY more fun when you do them together! 




What do you have planned in May??

No comments:

Post a Comment