Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Bridal Shoes - my glacier beauties!

My wedding shoes.  I already talked to you here about what a headache they were to find...{which I'm sure left you on the edge of your seats!}  Luckily, I had Katie to keep me focused {and sane and energized} as we walked the entirety of Manhattan.  I'll give you a hint, delicious food helps!  When we got home, we ended up doing some online searching, and I found these.

theshorelinebride wedding shoes

theshorelinebride branford house wedding shoes

theshorelinebride branford house wedding shoes

theshorelinebride branford house wedding shoes

They fit a lot of the criteria I was looking for.  They are heels, but not too tall {so hopefully comfortable for an entire night of dancing???}.  They are a nice pop of color, without being too matchy matchy with the boys...a lot of blue bridal shoes are a darker/navy blue, and I was worried it would look like I was trying to match, and failing.  No bueno.  They give the impression of a classic beautiful bridal shoe,  with just the right amount of sparkle with their gorgeous spanish inspired detail, and their light blue & peep toe were JUST summery enough.  YES PLEASE.  So I ordered them!

 **Of course, they were out of stock in my size through Badgley Mischka, but I found them on Zappos!  Also, they run small, so I NEVER would have ordered the right size if I hadn't tried on the tall gold ones I'd loved in Bloomingdales, and realized I needed to go up a size.  I also paid for 2 day shipping, even though Zappos standard shipping is free, because I was worried about them coming in in time for my first fitting!

Thanks to Zappos speediness, they came in two days before my first fitting!  They fit AND they were comfortable!  Their sparkle also matches my earrings & hair comb PERFECTLY…like they were meant to go together.  They aren't too tall, so I had no trouble traipsing around the house in them. {and traipse I did! our poor hardwood floors}.  The color is absolutely beautiful…in iPhone photos you can barely tell they are blue, but in person the "glacier" is just enough.  Happy happy happy.

Can't wait to show you more pictures of them on me WITH my dress.  But for now, these fuzzy shots will have to do…



What do you think??  What are your dream wedding shoes?  Or better yet, what did your wedding shoes look like??  Send me a link to your pics!  You know I'm a sucker for any photos wedding related.


No comments:

Post a Comment