Sunday, May 4, 2014

Bridal Shoes: A cheat sheet

Alright, so I just spend the entire weekend in NYC with Katie - my roommate from college and one of my bridesmaids!  I had enlisted her to help me hunt for shoes to wear on my wedding day, and we figured what better place to look for shoes than Manhattan??

Well, my dearest friends…let me tell you.  This proved to be WAY harder than I could ever have imagined.  I mean, isn't the wedding industry sort of huge??  Aren't people getting married ALL THE TIME?  What do they wear on their feet???  Sigh.

We hit up every department store imaginable, and in the city there are quite a few…each had the smallest bridal section, and very disappointing options at that.  My need for a "summery, classic, sparkly, dressy {but not too fancy} pop of color, comfortable, heel {but not too tall}, NOT outrageously expensive" wedding shoe was basically asking the impossible.

I ended up going back to Katie's apartment and ordering a pair online, that will hopefully be in tomorrow or Tuesday!  If I love them as much as I hope I will, I will certainly post them here and tell you all about them.  In the meantime, I thought I'd save you a headache and do some research into other bridal shoe options, that might work perfectly for you!  I'll include a variety of options as far as budgets and styles go… not just specifically ones that would work for me :)

Jimmy Choo - WAY outside my price range…but how gorgeous are these??  We spent some time walking around Saks…if that's within your price range, I highly recommend it.  For me, it made for some fun window shopping :)



Kate Spade - Kate Spade is my mind of girl!  These preppy styles are just adorable, these would make for a perfect something blue…and how sweet is the bow??






Kate Spade sandals - for the beachy bride, these sandals might be the perfect solution...


Badgley Mischka - a pop of pink is another fun way to add color to your wedding day!  I LOVE the details on the back of these…a unique way to add sparkle to the shoe!  {I also love the heel on these, not too tall!}


Badgley Mischka - Katie and I saw these while we were out shopping and I LOVED them.  Gold wouldn't work with my dress, and they were way too tall for me…but they had just the right amount of sparkle.


Angela Nuran - I tried a pair of shoes on by Angela Nuran while I was shopping for my earrings & veil.  They were designed by a dance instructor with comfort in mind, and they are soooo comfortable.


Toms  - for a more casual wedding - why not keep it comfy with these dressy Toms??


Betsy Johnson - I love the heart detailing on these Betsy Johnson heels.



Nearly Naked - another beach bride shoe alternative - the barefoot sandals! They're a fun way to add some sparkle to your foot while you stay barefoot in the sand.


and you know me…after this realization sunk in the first thing I did was come home and go on SMP's shoe gallery for some more inspiration.  These are some of my favorites {not including the shoes I ordered - although they did show up a few times in the gallery!}










all of the above pictures are from various photographers from Style Me Pretty's shoe gallery!


Where did you buy your shoes?  Did you go with classic white, or a pop of color?? Sandals, or heels?  Did you stay within a specific budget, or use this as your chance to splurge on some show stopping designer heels??  I need to know more!!!!  

Hopefully, in a short day or two, I'll be able to update you with some details about mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment