Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The April List: Recap

So I definitely jinxed us…as I am writing this, April's showers are in FULL effect.  Apparently April wanted to start and end the month with crazy inches of rain.  Let's hope the yard doesn't flood this time!  Luckily, tomorrow is May and the weather is supposed to be way better!!  Bring on the May flowers :)  I can't even wrap my head around the fact that our three month mark is coming up - so instead let's focus on how I did on April's list!

The April List:
-Invitations - get wording from Jen. If we like the coloring of the sample when it comes in - ORDER IT. - Done!! Got wording AND so many other things from Jen.  Confirmed with her last week that she will be doing our invites!  We just need to finalize the proof and they'll be good to go!
-Call Kathy at Branford House to update her with timeline info - Done!!
-Mock up current place card idea. - Done!! and very happy with it.
-Walk through BH with Jen - finalize timeline stuff, discuss room layout, etc. - Done!! and massively helpful.
-Coffee or BH visit with Pat - discuss ceremony music & other song ideas. - Not done yet…but we have a meeting scheduled for next week! So basically done :)
-Contact caterer with finalized timeline stuff.  Make a decision about chicken.  Stop talking about chicken, finally:) - Done!  Email is sent, haven't had a chance to confirm all of the details, but we got the conversation rolling…which is usually the hardest part.
-Mock up at least 1 table # - decide if we like the idea or not. - Done!! and we love it.  Some details still to be worked out but we generally know what we're doing.
-Practice seal - decide if we need to order new color or not - Done!! and good to go.
-Email BMs about shoes and hair - Half done.  Shoes email was sent, and I also sent an email with some rehearsal dinner details.  I decided to wait on the hair for now.  I'm trying not to kill them with too much info!
-Email Amy about setting up a date for hair trial & timeline of the day - Done!  Got her schedule, now I just need to figure out what day will work best for me to get there.
-Buy Ant's shoes/belt - Half done! Still need a belt.
-Pick ties for Ant & groomsmen - order 1 to test - Blew this one out of the park!  Forget ordering 1 to test…the tie for the groomsmen was picked, and ALL 9 ordered them!  I am a happy happy girl.
-Send updated timeline stuff to Rachel - Fail.  No good reason…you can't win them all??
-Send AAC check, FINALLY. Yikes. - Done! Nothing like the last minute…but I got it in the mail today :)
-Meet with videographer…book? - Again, last minute…but we just got home from a meeting with our potential videographer, and were very happy! It isn't booked yet, but probably will be by next week.
-Pay $xxx.xx of our Honeymoon balance - Not done…but there is a plan in place, so I'm not worried about it.

and there you have it!!!  April was very productive…we got some MAJOR things checked off that are making me feel better about the little details we have left.  These lists are a disorganized bride's savior!!! 


This weekend, we spent some QT with my parents in Rhode Island.  I love the beach, any time of the year!

We did a spontaneous wine tasting down near Misquamicut!  Talk about a lovely Sunday afternoon.

and just for fun, this is what my poor store looks like…emptyyyyy.

I am spending the weekend in NYC with Katie - so I will get May's list up before I leave.  In the meantime, how did you do with your April list??


No comments:

Post a Comment