Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The 6 month sprint: Week 6


Happy Hump Day!!!  I am thrilled to be spending this fabulous Wednesday with my MOH - doing some shopping and a few wedding related errands {which you will be sure to read about in my next 6monthsprint update}.  I know I JUST posted one of these, but I promised I was going to try to get caught up…so here we go!

Saturday 4/5:  Emailed another JP about our date to check availability.  Got an answer back right away that they were available {yay for that!} and asking for some more details.  Also got our Minted sample back in our custom colors.  It's PERFECT.  Insert happy dance around the living room that that decision is now final.  Had to work - but joined friends afterwards to celebrate UConn's big Final Four win!

This is what UConn roomie joy looks like when UConn wins the final four.  That, and too much flash.

Sunday: {Celebrated my Grandfather's 96th birthday.  Yes, you read that right. 96.  Love that guy!}  Requested he wear the same outfit on my wedding day.  He said he will consider it.  Emailed Jen about 3 topics: invitation wording, setting up a date to visit the BH with her, and checking on JP suggestions, since she does so many local weddings.


All this guy wants to do is dance.  So he hired an 18 piece band for his birthday party.  
I can only hope I'm as sharp as him when I'm 96.

Monday: Got a phone call that Ant's wedding band had come in and we could come visit/pick them up anytime! As a bride to be, I've learned that phone calls often result in happy dances of some sort.  This was another one of those times. {Watched the NCAA Championship - GO HUSKIES!}  While watching the game, worked with Jen on invitation details - finalized wording…and discussed another possibility for invitations with similar design.  More to come on that! Confirmed date to meet with Jen and walk through BH.


Tuesday:  I personally did absolutely nothing wedding related this day.  BUT!  Ant and all of his groomsmen living in CT currently…yes, all 7 of them…went to Jos.A.Bank and tried on their suits. Only 3 needed to be exchanged for the correct sizes.  One is currently being shipped to Nebraska, and Ant brought home the two that were ready to go from our last visit!!!  The groom's suit has landed and is now living in our closet. Yay for that!!!  I spent my night at work getting fabulous pictures of each of the boys as they tried the suits on.  That is going to be one fine looking bridal party :)

This is what a happy groom looks like after a night with his guys.  Suit in hand!

Wednesday:  We got our second save the date for the season - for a September wedding outside of Boston!!  Wednesdays always seem to be some of my more productive days, since I'm usually off.  I worked this Wednesday, but after work Ally came over with her boyfriend and my nephew Henry to spend the night!  While the boys played video games after dinner, we made the dining room gold paint central.  We mocked up a few versions of my place card idea…some better than others, and ultimately decided as a general idea it's going to work perfectly!



Isn't my nephew the cutest??

That brings us to last Wednesday, so I'll stop for now…How is your wedding planning going?? Are you in the 6 month sprint yet?  Or just starting out???  I'd love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment