Sunday, April 13, 2014

The 6 month sprint: Week 5


Picking up where we left off…I've been SUPER busy with work and wedding things…so we're back tracking quite a few days for this 6 month sprint update!!  Hence putting some dates in so you can follow what the heck I'm talking about :)

Wednesday March 26:  Got a confirmation email  from TWD for my 4 fitting dates! {first fitting is 5/8, less than a month!!}  Also, did some bridesmaids hair brainstorming with roomie.  Thank goodness for Pinterest!



Thursday: Emailed the Marriott to confirm an issue with the rooms.  Got an email back the next AM that it was all set!  Yay for non-problems.  Also took an inventory of who has reserved rooms in the block so we can start sending out friendly "8/8 is surprisingly soon - please book!" reminders :)

Sunday:  Did some MAJOR bridesmaid shoe research so I can send out suggestions to the girls.  Got an email that my bridesmaids earrings were ready!!!! {can't possibly put enough !!! to explain my excitement.  I am in love.}  Went on minted.com and ordered the sample of our invite in custom colors so we can start to get the ball rolling on getting invitations out!

Monday: Booked hotels for our first wedding of the summer - yay for a full weekend in Newport!  Finally stopped whining and starting making moves in the JP department - sent an email to one potential person.


Tuesday: Heard back from the JP that he isn't available for our wedding date.  Whined a bit more…then moved on and started searching again.  Got a text from Jen on my way to work that my wedding band came in!!!!  Now we just have to wait for Ants!

Wednesday April 2:  Ant and I had the day off together so we became the most productive people ever.   {roughly} Spent some time online researching and choosing B&W pictures - and ordered prints.  Went shopping and bought frames/numbers/so much gold paint….then came home and started testing out our table number idea.  Did a 95% complete mockup.  Learned that spray painting in the house is not the smartest life choice.  Ran into another scheduling conflict {the joys of two different rotating schedules} and confirmed a new date to meet with the videographer.  Met Ant's mom for dinner and MOTG dress shopping!  Hit every store in the West Farms mall - with varying levels of success.  Came home to a pin from Jen of my ring - Pinterest is great for brainstorming but even more fun as you start to create a board that's all your real wedding things!  Perfect way to see it all come together.



There are less than four months now - and I probably say this all of the time, but I could not be more excited!!!  My monthly lists have done a wonderful job of keeping me sane and on track and we have done a great job of keeping the wedding planning process FUN :)  If it isn't fun, whats the point??

No comments:

Post a Comment