Monday, April 28, 2014

The 6 month sprint: Week 7


Andddd, we're back!  Before I get too far behind again - let's chat some more about my recent 6 month sprint escapades.  I'll give you a hint, this one includes a LOT of sparkle.  I never mind being productive and running errands when it involves picking up sparkle :)

Thursday 4/10:  Got my regular update from the Mystic Marriott about how many rooms have been blocked…but this time I made a shocking discovery! The emails contain an attachment that actually shows me exactly who has booked, and for how many nights.  Don't ask me why I didn't notice this before.  I emailed them to fix a problem with one of the reservations, and got that settled.  Next step is sending friendly reminder emails to family about booking before the block fills up!

Friday:  Got an email from Ant's mother that she had decided what dress she thought she wanted, asking for a final approval from us.  Approval granted!

Saturday: Spent the day in Boston with our friends…blissfully doing no wedding planning.


enjoying the sun on a rooftop in Boston!

Sunday: Got home from Boston to a call from Ant's mother, excitedly telling us that she had found a different dress that she loved and wanted to buy!  She came straight to our house to show us - and I love it! It's perfect for our August wedding :) I took advantage of the chance to convince Ant to try on his suit for us, now that he's gotten it back all fitted and ready to go.  Omg…let me tell you.  That boy, looks good.  I am going to be the luckiest bride on 8/8.  We also came home to an invitation sample from Jen in the mail, and loved it!  We emailed her to get more details about cost, etc…but decided to wait and chat when we saw her in person!


sneak peek of our wedding invite

another sneak peek: this one of the MOTG dress!

Monday:  Ant and I both got out of work earlier than usual, so we headed to Mystic to pick up our wedding bands!!!!  They were perfect.  After that we had plans to walk through the BH with Jen. Silly us, the BH is closed after 3pm on weekdays, so we couldn't walk through it, but we were able to talk through SO many silly details as far as the day of the wedding was concerned.  We talked about table set up and DJ location and where "lawn game central" will be, and so on and so forth.  She is so patient and wonderful with all our questions!  We also had a chance to talk about the invitations - we got a quote from her and discussed the option of adding a few things we weren't originally considering.  We left the BH and it wasn't too late - so we decided to stop at the outlets on a whim…and ended up buying Ant's shoes!  More to come on that.  I came home feeling super motivated, so I went on an emailing spree.  I emailed our caterer about chicken and some timeline things, our cake lady with some pictures that more closely resembled the look we are going for, and Jen to tell her we were all in for our invites!
Ant's space ring, in all it's glory :)

lawn game central!

the beautiful patio of the BH

happy campers

Tuesday 4/15: I got a call from TWD that Brit's dress was in - so I called to say I would be in the next day to get them.  When I called back she told me my bridesmaid's earrings were also ready to be picked up!  I got a chance to talk to Marie Wiley about the possibility of her officiating our wedding.  She was very reassuring and I got off the phone with a lot of good information.  We also rescheduled our meeting with the videographer.  Between his schedule and ours it's an almost impossible task to find a day that works for everyone!!

Wednesday: Again - productive Wednesday's off!  This one was a BFFL wedding day!  We already had plans to go to the outlets, so while we were in Clinton we went to TWD and picked up Brittni's dress, my earrings & comb, and all of the bridesmaids earrings. {Insert extra happy bride-to-be happy dance}  The amount of bling in my house right now is totally out of control!  We also went to the outlets and did some damage - Melissa got a rehearsal dinner dress AND shoes.  Then we went to DSW, and found some gold heels for my MOH to wear on the wedding day!  Talk about productive.

if only you could see all the sparkle this little bag contains!

Melissa took care of safely delivering the dress!

retail therapy will make a girl happy

gold MOH heels? check!!

The weather has been SO up and down lately…I am ready for spring to hit in full force!  In the meantime, Ant and I are taking every sunny moment we can to be productive outside and enjoy the weather.  How are you getting ready for spring??

FINALLY removed all of the leaves from last season.  Next step: mulch!  
Oh, the joys of being a homeowner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment