Thursday, April 24, 2014

Wise Guys: His Wedding Band {Part 3 -We're putting a ring on it!}

I took a longggg hiatus from this post…but I promise it was worth the wait! Part 3 {and the final part} of the great search for Ant's wedding band.

In Part 2, I introduced you to Lashbrook.  You're welcome!  Now I told you Ant found one that almost immediately jumped out at him…and that was their meteorite ring.  Yes, you read that right.  Meteorite. Ant's eye lit up in a very star trek loving sort of way…as he realized that part of the ring he was trying on came from space.  I knew we were done looking at that point.  The best part?? I actually really love the way the ring looks, too!  I know, minor details and major bonus points, the bride likes the ring.  But seriously.  In all of the rings we had looked at I always felt like something was missing…it was either too blingy and busy, or too simple.  Too dark, too shiny, and so on.  This one though?  It's interesting acid etched pattern gives it some parts that are darker than others, and a brushed look that's more interesting than basic brushed finishes.  Aka..perfect!  The one that they had at Mallove's wasn't quite right…it was too wide for Ant's hand.  She described all the different ways you could customize it with the meteorite, but Ant ultimately decided the simple style with a slightly thinner band was perfect.

Here is a brief description from Lashbrook themselves on how their meteorite rings are made:


The picture below is of the style Ant chose:


And then, just for fun…here are a few of the other styles Lashbrook has done with the meteorite.  In case you are now in love like we were and need to know more!!





Again, need I say more??  We love Lashbrook.  And I, as the bride to be, can not thank them enough for ultimately creating the perfect space nerd ring, that pulls off a seriously sophisticated look.  We'll pretend he chose it for the style and not the nerd effect.  Sigh.

Would your guy go for the meteorite band??  I'd love to see a picture of what band you chose!  This was one of the more interesting decisions we made…and I couldn't be happier with the outcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment