Sunday, March 2, 2014

The 6 month sprint: Week 1


My idea behind these posts about the 6 month sprint is to give you a peek into the ever exciting "day in the life" of this bride to be.  Everyone plans and organizes their time a little differently - so everyone's story is going to be very different when it comes to how they planned their wedding - but here's a bit of mine.  With my rotating retail schedule, it becomes all about making the most of free bits of time as I get it.  Some weeks, I do very little wedding planning.  Other weeks - I feel like every free minute I'm trying to cram something in!  This week was one of the latter.

Monday: In email communication about contract details, my MUA Erin mentions that we should schedule my trial for March.  When discussing days that might work, we discover that we both have this Friday off. We decide to plan my trial for 2:45pm.  Why wait until March??

Tuesday: I have an 11:30am appointment to pick up my wedding lingerie at Beneath the Gown.  It fits, its perfect…I take home the prettiest things in a pretty box with a bow.  I also take advantage of my morning off to send out emails to my DJ and caterer, and the Mystic Marriott, where we have our room block.


Wednesday: I email the videographer we've been in contact with and move forward with setting up a date to meet.  I order a wedding related gift to myself I've been meaning to get.  (never forget to treat yourself!) I also finally stop stalling, and call the White Dress by the shore - and tell them I'll be in the next AM to pick up the bridesmaids dresses!

Thursday: I book our hotel room for our wedding night!  I go to Clinton as soon as TWD opens at 12:00 and pick up 7 beautiful dresses, which are currently hanging in Ant's half of our closet.



Friday:  Makeup trial with Erin at 2:45!  By 4pm I have  the most beautiful long lashes and a finalized contract!  I then rush to meet Ant before the jewelers closes so we can look at wedding bands at the place where he bought my ring.  We end up finding a ring that I really really love!  But we are running late for dinner reservations so we take the info and run.



Phew.  That's the week in a nutshell.  Productive eh?

I know March's list is due about now, but I'm taking a break from lists to talk about cakes next!  Cuz this girl loves her cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment