Friday, March 14, 2014

The 6 month sprint: Week 3


Okay, so I totally had another post planned for tonight, but I'm trying to keep this blog as real time as I can for ya!  and I just got off the phone feeling crazy productive tonight…so I couldn't pass up the chance to give you another 6 month sprint update!!

Wednesday: I went to Rhody to spend the afternoon with my MOH!  Which turned into a crazy productive afternoon:  one of my best friends and bridesmaids Brittni is getting married in October, and Melissa and I are both bridesmaids!  We took advantage of the fact that we were all in RI together and went to get fitted for her bridesmaids dresses.  It also allowed me to drop off the 168 mason jars I had been driving around with.  Brit is using them in her wedding, and I had been collecting them from every local Target for her!  While I was with them, I also delivered Melissa's bridesmaids dress! (and made her model a million different earrings for me)….(that makes 4/7, if you're still keeping track).  Brittni's wasn't the right size, so I took it home with me!  While I was in Rhody, Ant and I got an email from Mallove's with a quote for the rings we had looked at last week.





Thursday:  I called the White Dress by the Shore to find out about getting Brittni's dress exchanged.  They were wonderful and said they would call Donna Morgan and find out what we could do!  I also called back the original jewelry store we had shopped at to get the quote from them for a different set of rings we had initially liked.  We were pretty sure we weren't interested in the initial pair…but I thought it would be nice to have some comparison with pricing.  Armed with that information - Ant and I made plans to go back to Mallove's while we were in the area having dinner with my parents.  Ant fell in love all over again with his ring….and we met the owner who was amazing and made me feel confident about making the decision to order our rings.  AFTER dinner we went to the mall and looked at dress shirts to make a decision on a color for the groomsmen.  With my store closing, I can get a pretty amazing deal on dress shirts - so we wanted to get that decision taken care of.  We left with a pretty good idea of what we want!  When we got home, I sent the last email confirming my wedding present for Ant. #hethinksheknowswhatitis #hehasnoidea

Friday:  I got a message from the White Dress by the Shore saying it would be no problem to exchange the dress, so I drove over after work and dropped it off so they can get the new size in!  While I was there, I did some earring research (so much amazing sparkle!!!).  Ant sent out a message to his groomsmen to get sizing info for shirts, and we sent out our first of 3 or 4 reminder blasts to friends and family about reserving their rooms for the night of the wedding!  We want to make sure that everyone who wants one, gets it at a good price!  We then paid our piece of the last photographer payment!  I emailed Jen to confirm that we wanted to order the rings (YAYYY!!! insert major bride-to-be shriek of excitement here) - andddddd after making 3 or 4 phone calls and about 5 internet searches - I talked to my new BFF Donna at Foxwoods and booked the room the groomsmen will be staying at the night before the wedding!

PHEW.  I don't know about you, but I'm tired just re-writing that.  I'm going to go pour a glass of wine and eat some M&Ms…..and work on another fun part of my March list!

Tomorrow or Sunday I'll go back to my initial post I had planned for tonight - we'll talk about the boy for a minute! :)  In the meantime - how are you celebrating St. Patricks Day weekend?  Since this girl is working - I'd love to live vicariously through you!!!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for cropping out my face! I didn't know what faces to make during the taking pictures of earrings process...

    ReplyDelete