Wednesday, March 26, 2014

The 6 month sprint: Week 4

Week 4!  Disclaimer: these are not necessarily actual weeks - I'm just numbering my updates as I go…this is really more like a week and a half. Bear with me!

Saturday: For real finalized the MUA contract via email. No real changes, just confirmed details, etc. We're good to go!

Sunday: Found out through the generosity of a surprise gift from my future MIL that we had the wrong address on our registry account - oops! Fixed that right away. {I am currently getting the BEST nights sleep on our new pillows!!}



Monday: Got a manicure with my sister in a feeble attempt to start getting my fingers wedding ready. (Barely wedding related- but it counts!)


Tuesday: Got the receipt for our rings in the mail.  Did a happy dance.



Wednesday: Thanks to a tip from a friend I ordered earrings for our rehearsal dinner from Kate Spade! They had a secret sale - wedding edition! Now let me tell you, that is a dangerous thing. I managed to behave - and only ordered the one pair of earrings. Originally 58- I got them for 19!! {Sorry the picture is small, they are no longer available! :( I will get a picture of me wearing them at some pt}



Saturday - Wednesday: Extensive research and email conversations with the woman who is making my custom bridesmaids earrings!!! I am so so excited to talk more about this later- but since they are going to be gifted to the ladies on our wedding day it will have to wait! :)  They were finalized and ordered on Wednesday - now all I have to do is wait for them to be ready!  

Friday: After dinner with my parents we spent about an hour online researching JOPs. What a headache. If anyone out there has any recommendations - PLEASE send them my way!!!!  The most important part of the wedding is the part where we actually get married (duh!) and that has got to be all about us. Not about anyone's ideas of us or what a wedding should be..and I struggle with the idea of handing that huge piece of the day over to someone I barely know. Anyway...we found a few we're looking into. Fingers crossed!

Sunday: My roommate from college came to visit...so bridesmaids dress 5/7 was delivered! (ish...it's currently still living in Guilford for safe keeping) We also had the most stressful and productive day looking at groomsmen suits! Longgggg story short - we purchased 10 slim fit navy blue suits from Jos. A. Bank!! And let me tell you, that is going to be one good looking group of men on 8/8!  The details of that will be a Wise Guys story for another day. 





I originally started this post by writing that it had been a pretty quiet week as far as wedding planning was concerned- but I guess that's not entirely true! This is why I love this series - wedding planning is a million little tiny things that come together to create a beautiful day, and this allows me to reflect on all of it!

How has your week been??

No comments:

Post a Comment