Monday, March 10, 2014

The 6 month sprint: Week 2



Last week's wedding planning, in a nutshell.

Saturday: Sent my dad home with a VERY important package - my sister's bridesmaids dresses!  That makes 2/7 safely delivered.

Sunday: Had an amazingggg afternoon with one of my bridesmaids and her boyfriend - wine tasting on a Sunday afternoon is never bad.  Handed off my third bridesmaids dress! (Making 3/7 safely delivered, if you're keeping track).  On our way home from lunch we stopped and tried on some more wedding bands.  Had zero luck with me, but started narrowing things down a little bit for Ant.  Then ran over to the mall and were THOSE people - who come in a half hour before you close.  Good news, Men's Warehouse was 50% off everything, and we were able to find a nice navy blue suit at a great price!  We committed to nothing - I want the best man to see it first, but gave him our info so he could lock in the price for us.  He even emailed us after saying he'd honor that price for any shirts/ties/etc we end up getting there, if we decide to.


Tuesday: Ordered a couple very important gifts I've been meaning to get!

Wednesday: Had lunch with my dad - which led to Ant having a complete change of heart as far as the menu for our rehearsal dinner…a topic for another day!  Then went to Mystic Market East for our cake tasting!!!  Felicia helped us narrow things down as far as design is concerned…..and then came the best part!  She brought out a plate of cake and a PLATE of frosting, so we could mix and match to decide what we liked best.  Let me tell you, this girl can eat cake.  Long story short - our wedding cake is designed and ordered and good to go. Then on a total whim we decided to go to one more store on our way home to look at wedding bands.  We went just down the street to Mallove's Jewelers, and forgot until we were pulling up that our DOC works there!  It was super fun to get to see her and catch up a bit - and try on a few more rings!  Ant found a ring he was excited to put on (!!!) - and we're getting a quote on a custom one for me that is absolutely beautiful!


In between, I have probably committed about 30 minutes a day (at least) while watching TV, etc to browsing Etsy/Google/Pinterest/any other wedding related page I can find for ideas on place cards, earrings, and table numbers.  None of these things are rocket science - trust me I know, but nothing seems to be jumping out at me!  and so I browse.

...and it's already Monday again!!!  Do you have any big plans for this week??

No comments:

Post a Comment