Monday, March 31, 2014

The March List: Recap

Good-bye March!! and hello Spring??? Please??

I try not to make these posts too repetitive. But my recaps generally want to start with something along the lines of holy crap. I can't believe it's been a month! But I think you will all be proud of me - I kicked butt in March!!!! Let's see if you agree. 

The March List:
-Invitations - get wording from Jen.  Order full sample. - Sample with custom colors ordered! Realized it wouldn't be with my wording anyway, so didn't need that yet. Hopefully the sample comes in soon! And that we like it.
-Call Kathy at Branford House to update her with timeline info - grr. Yes, I just grr-ed. I called, and left a message, but haven't gotten a call back. I'd like to check it off, but I won't until we actually talk. So there it stays! I plan on trying again this week. 
-Follow up on wedding gift idea - confirm if I need a new one or not.  If not - book! - DONE! Booked! Thrilled. Excited. Wish I could tell him...but I guess I have to wait until 8/8. 
-Get the official word from the Groton Town Hall. - Done...got the official word, don't like it...but I guess we're on to plan B. I've already started the research. Fingers crossed!
-Taste & order wedding cake - DONE! Tasted & ordered. Yum!!  Oh the joys of wedding planning.
-Pay our portion of the photographer balance - Paid. Trying to be a smart wedding budget-er, so yay for that!
-Send "the6monthsprint" mail.  I know what this means, that's what matters. - Done! :)
-Get my favorite best man/groom duo inside a Men's Warehouse at the same time. - Done! And an epic fail…but it led to us finding the suits, so I'll take it.
-Start a conversation, either via email or coffee with Pat about ceremony music - I'm sort of cheating by crossing this off. But technically I did start a conversation. Now I just need to finish it :)
-Decide on table "numbers" theme - Done! We decided on a theme that we are going to try. And hopefully like. and then I can cross yet another item off the master list.
-Mock up current place card idea. -**enlist help of way more artistic family for this. - Not done. But I also haven't gotten said family member to my house to be able to enlist her! An easy fix next month!
-Order Ant's wedding band (???) - Done!!! And so excited to see the final version :)

So…pretty good, right??  Now, I will hopefully get back to you tomorrow or Wednesday latest with my April list……but if it doesn't stop with the crazy weather the only item on my April list is going to be wishing for sun, and spring to finally show up.  Because this stuff is going to make a girl crazy.  This is what my weekend looked like:

Sunday morning our poor house decided to take a bath, and looked like this….


Because our dam looked like this… {dams don't work so great when the water pours rapidly OVER them, in case you were wondering.}


LESS THAN 24 HOURS LATER, ON MARCH 31st…my parking lot at work looked like this.  Yes, the caps suggest I am yelling.  I wanted to.  Luckily, the snow is basically gone, and hopefully it was just March getting everything out of it's system.


BUT! We handled our anger like adults, and rallied by booking our hotel for the Newport wedding we have this June!!! I appreciate my friends choosing a fabulous spot like Newport for a summer wedding - we are making a weekend out of it! :)  That helps my winter blues.



How was your March?  Ours didn't go out quite like a lamb…but it is gone nonetheless.  Ready for some April showers???

No comments:

Post a Comment