Friday, February 28, 2014

The February List: Recap

As scary as this is to say, February is over! Darn you for being such a short month.  As I promised in my last post, I think you will be very proud of me when you see all the progress I've made…don't forget, I had vacation through most of the first week!! :)

The February List:
-Call and schedule a cake tasting - DONE!  Scheduled for next week.  Can't wait to report back on that one!
-Invitations - get a sample with our words and our colors - decide if we are using it or not. -Okay, so not done…but for a good reason! We still made major progress in this department.  My DOC has my invitation design, and is going to help us rewrite it to match what we are looking for.  Once we have the wording, all I need to do is order the sample!
-Groom/Groomsmen suits - get final offer/options from Jos.A.Bank outlet - decide it we are using them or continuing to look elsewhere. - We have decided to continue to explore our options in the groomsmen department.  I was not impressed with the service (or run-around) we were getting with the people we were talking to at Jos.A.Bank.  So the search continues!  Although I haven't totally crossed them off as an option - but certainly not the location we've been in contact with.
-Officiant - order certificate and visit Groton town hall. -Half done!
-Videographer***** - I will leave it not crossed off, only because there is no contract yet.  But a meeting is planned for April, so I'm probably going to take it off the March list.  This item gets a break for now!
-Discuss timeline for the day with DOC - if I could throw a party over an item on my wedding planning list - it would be this one.  I have never felt more relieved to check something off.  This will probably be the topic of a number of blog posts in the future - because it is such a silly thing, but I found it so stressful.  and it isn't over! Not really.  We will probably tweak things quite a few times….but I had the best conversation with Jen about the overall timeline for the day, and I am feeling really really good about it.  She made it so simple, and made me so relaxed, and I should probably send her a cupcake or something.  I could keep talking about this, but for now…I'll stop.  DONE!
-Confirm timeline for the day with caterer and DJ - I emailed details to both our DJ and our caterer based off my above conversation with Jen, to keep everyone on the same page!
-Call Kathy at Branford House to update her with timeline info - Not done yet.  No good reason, this was my slacker item this month.  I may put it off until we visit the BH next week…we'll see.
-Email caterer about chicken options - DONE! Yay for another silly thing finally off the list.  Now we can get that conversation moving and get closer to a finalized menu.
-Email MUA about contract - DONE!
-Say Yea or Nay to current wedding gift idea - if Yea, book! if Nay, begin to brainstorm - Okay…so I started to cross this off, and then realized technically I shouldn't.  I said Yea, but there might be a wrinkle.  If it wrinkles, then I'm back to the drawing boards! CROSS YOUR FINGERS FOR ME, please :)  I'm really excited about this idea and hoping it works out!  I should know in the next week or so, and hopefully then my wedding gift will be booked!
-Book hotel room for wedding night - DONE! Booked and ready to go - yay for having a place to sleep our first night at husband and wife!!! Ahhh!!!

There have also been quite a few bonus items I've been able to check off of my list throughout the month - you can read about those during my first official post about the 6 month sprint!!!

Besides all this wedding planning, we tried to kick the winter doldrums that February brings by staying as active as possible!  That included a mini vacation to the city, which was probably the highlight!!  We got to visit my roommate from college, who is in the middle of her busy accounting season - and see Justin Timberlake!!!!

While we were walking around downtown, we got stopped by this couple who was part of the Race for the Rock, by the Bridal Guide Magazine!  We helped them with their scavenger hunt, but unfortunately they didn't win!  We had to allow them to record us for 30 seconds while we talked about what makes our relationship work.  Our simultaneous answer?  Communication!
We spent the morning at the Natural History Museum - in case you were wondering, I would weigh 57 pounds on Mars! (I took this picture for your benefit Melissa!)
We had dinner at this amazing Japanese BBQ restaurant.  The food is delicious and any restaurant that has smores on the dessert menu is good in my book!
Ant had gotten me tickets for Christmas to see JT at Madison Square Garden…which means Christmas lasted so much longer! Our seats were awesome, right next to the stage and the show was crazy!  He is so talented and so much fun to watch.  I danced and sang like a crazy person all night.  I LOVE Justin.


I also got asked to be a bridesmaid in one of my best friend's weddings this October (I said yes!!!) - and two other couples we are close to got engaged!  That's a lot of love in one month!  and you know me, I love love.  How was your February???  How did you avoid the winter blues??

No comments:

Post a Comment