Monday, February 10, 2014

The February List: 6 months to go!

GAH. 6 months. The beauty of this, is that this is why I make the lists!  It keeps me breathing and organized and in check!  Last month's list I did a little bit of cheating in it - with some vague goals…and I promised myself I would fix that this time around - so we will see how that goes!

The February List:
First: the things that are rolling over..
-Call and schedule a cake tasting - epic fail from last month
-Invitations - get a sample with our words and our colors - decide if we are using it or not. - utilize my wonderful DOC to help us with wording.  I can't handle how much silly things like that make my brain hurt.
-Groom/Groomsmen suits - get final offer/options from Jos.A.Bank outlet - decide it we are using them or continuing to look elsewhere. -see what I mean?  I'm getting a little lengthy here, but at least at the end of the month it is a clear yes! or no.
-Officiant - order certificate and visit Groton town hall. -fingers crossed!!!
-Videographer***** - sorry guys, I'm already cheating.  I'm keeping this one vague.  But putting a million stars next to it as my own not so friendly focus reminder :)
Now: the new things on the list for this month..
-Discuss timeline for the day with DOC
-Confirm timeline for the day with caterer and DJ
-Call Kathy at Branford House to update her with timeline info
-Email caterer about chicken options
-Email MUA about contract
-Say Yea or Nay to current wedding gift idea - if Yea, book! if Nay, begin to brainstorm
-Book hotel room for wedding night

Ok - I'm going to stop there.  As I start writing I'm coming up with 40 million other things I need to do - but the point is to break this up into reasonable chunks! This won't include everything I might work on this month - but will hold me accountable to a few of the things I've been doing a great job of procrastinating on!  I'm an expert procrastinator…especially when it comes to the silliest things like sending out a quick email!  As you might have noticed - February has sort of a theme - I want to get the timeline for the day situated once and for all, and make sure everyone is on the same page!

What is on your February list?  Besides hibernating and staying warm if you live anywhere near me!! J.Crew just sent me a $25 rewards card titled "Spring Fever?"…YES, J.Crew,  yes.  Spring fever.  I know I just got back from vacation but I am ready for some sun again - and shorts and sandals and using our beautiful backyard patio! sigh.

Our beautiful surprise patio - just waiting for it to be warm enough for outdoor dinners!

THIS IS OUR NEIGHBORHOOD. (in the summer, not now) We are lucky.  It is beautiful all year round - but I'm ready for some kayaking and swimming!




No comments:

Post a Comment