Saturday, February 8, 2014

The January List: Recap

Okay, so I'm back from vacation and it's time to reflect on January's list.  If you missed it - you can read about it here!  

The January List:
-Bridal Shower/Bachelorette dates - DONE.  Not that I can take a whole lot of credit for this….but still.  I have the best mother and MOH and they worked magic and these are good to go!  My bridal shower will be at the end of June, and my Bachelorette will be the end of July - two shorts weeks before I become a Mrs!
-Invitations - make real progress on picking one. - Since I cheated and was really vague in my wording here, I can successfully cross this off.  Ant and I have an invitation picked - but we need to figure out wording and then pay for a real sample to get made and sent to us - since we are changing a LOT of things, including all of the coloring on it.  As long as we like the sample, we will be done! So I consider that making real progress!
-Wedding undergarments  - DONE.  I go back in a few weeks to try on the ordered and perfectly altered version.  I had SO much fun doing this…it became a girls day with my MOH and I may have gotten a few extra things in the process.  More about this later, for now all that matters is it is DONE.
-Accessories!!! Veil, jewelry, shoes - 2/3 DONE.  Veil and jewelry are all set!!!  As you have read about my veil epiphany it was quite the experience.  I have not yet figured out shoes - but I have a date with my roomie in the city to go and find some!  I figure between her and I and Manhattan, we should be able to find the perfect ones!
-Groom/groomsmen suits - Errr. So we made a lot of good progress - talked to two different stores and got an idea on pricing - but still not really where I'd like this one to be.  I might have been a little ambitious.  I'm going to be more specific on my goal related to the boys suits for February.
-Email Noreen about centerpieces - DONE. and she is fabulous and we're on the same page and that is done. YAY :)
-Call for cake tasting appt - the easiest thing on the list, and not done.  I blame vacation mode for that!  Oh well.
-Email Videographer*** - So I cheated again on this one - I can cross it off because I DID in fact email a number of videographers.  But what I meant by this line was to PICK and BOOK one, and I did not do that.  So I guess it is technically done, but I need to get my butt in gear and get something finalized this month.
-Officiant*** - Lots of research was done - so I want to cross it off…but in reality we still have a lot to do.  Again - I'll stop cheating and be more specific in next month's list so that I can accurately rate my level of success! 

Okay, so that was my first month of lists.  Phew.  I survived!  Looking back at it - it really does help me feel like I got things accomplished.  The month goes so quickly it is WAY too easy to let it happen and realize all the time you lost!  This is helpful to keep me in check.  I'm learning though - for February I'm going to be extremely detailed in my goals, so at the end of the month there is no question about whether or not it is DONE.  Because I really enjoy writing DONE at the end of each item :)

I'll hopefully have "The February List" ready to rock and roll tomorrow, in the meantime - I'll leave you with some shots from my last week - I had an AMAZINGLY relaxing time in FL - and had 3 people at work comment on my TAN when I got back….which, if you know me…is a bit of a miracle.  This chick is by no stretch tan.  I generally go back and forth between glow in the dark and lobster - but I'll take it! 

It rained the first two days - but the keys are beautiful even in the rain!

I could have eaten Key Lime Pie for breakfast, lunch and dinner...

The view from our suite at the Marriott in Key West was beautiful

The whole gang!!

Ant is meant to play the drums - look at him!

My second choice for a ceremony venue, if I had to choose ;)

Sunset during the Super Bowl, back in Ft. Lauderdale.

This was Ant's sad face when we found out our first flight was 
cancelled, forcing us to spend an extra day in the sun.

This is how I avoid lobster status - sunblock and shade!!

It's been winter for so freaking long I forgot how 
extra sparkly sparkly is in the summer. Sigh.

My favorite part of vacation - 8 uninterrupted days with this guy.

We came home to about 6 inches of frozen snow on the ground - so reality hit hard! But that's okay - we are refreshed and ready for February.  We've already lived one month of 2014 - how is your new year??

No comments:

Post a Comment