Thursday, February 13, 2014

The Bachelor Wedding Recap: Wedding Soul Mates

Alright, here it is….the Bachelor Wedding.  By now, it is old news for most of you. Which is just how I want it!  This post is not going to dwell on the things that I didn't like, or the things that were silly, or the things that were different about Sean & Catherine's wedding and my upcoming nuptials.  There has been MORE than enough media and blog coverage on all of those topics.  This post, instead, is going to talk about all of the ways in which Sean/Catherine and Ant/I are WEDDING SOUL MATES.

I know, that sounds like an extreme use of the term soul mates.  But - as I learned while watching this wedding take place on TV (DVRed, even) - I am a delicate bride to be, who LOVES a good wedding. and there were definitely details about this wedding and moments that had me quite emotional... and feeling like Sean and Catherine just get me. ...and my wedding vision.

Officiant: Sean and Catherine asked his dad to officiate their ceremony.  That conversation hit very close to home for me - especially with the way his dad reacted.  Seriously?  Seriously? Sounds familiar. Our wedding is a special thing, and having someone who knows us marry us is THE most important thing, and has been from day one. They joke about his dad being able to hold it together during the ceremony, and he says "ya'll just tell me what you want me to say, cuz the weddings all about what y'all want."  Their response: "we trust you, and that's why you're part of this, we know it comes from your heart." and I teared up.  I'm telling ya.  Emotional mess.  Ant started laughing at me at this point.  I know I haven't gotten into much detail on the blog yet about our own ceremony plans, but I promise it will all make sense soon enough.


Boudoir shoot:  I talked a little bit about MY glamour/boudoir experience here - and Catherine hits it right on the money.  It's about being vulnerable and comfortable in the moment.  I'm sure her pictures came out amazing - and I'm sure Sean was very happy with the gift.  Like I said in my post, it is a fun afternoon and a great way to treat yourself - and as far as I'm concerned being an engaged woman you have the PERFECT excuse for such a treat!  Like Catherine did, I highly recommend bringing a friend - although, if we're being honest…I left the posing tips to the professionals, but that's just me!

Rings: Ant and I just recently started the search for our wedding bands…and let me tell you, I'm with Catherine on this 100%.  Ant put his friend's wedding band on to try it out, and it was the first time I had seen him with a ring on.  and it was weird.  I giggled a little bit.  and then he tried my dads on to get a sense of another style... and I giggled again.  When we went to our first jewelry store to look I was a little better behaved.  We found some that look really nice on him, but even still…to quote Catherine, it was "so weird."  Ant is not the type to wear jewelry of any kind, so to see him with one of these rings on, and to really realize the full meaning behind it, was weird in the best kind of way.  That is what his hand is going to look like, as a married man, for the rest of his life.  MY married man, at that!

For me, it was less weird in the sense that I already have my engagement ring, but it is too funny the amount of symbolism that other band brings to the hand.  I LOVE nothing more than the fact that Sparkly screams to the world that I am a engaged woman…she reminds me how lucky I am every day.  But the wedding band will truly represent our commitment and love.

Living selfishly:  Is not a bad thing! Sean talked about living selfishly in a way that struck close to home.  He said he was ready to live for Catherine and their future children, after having lived selfishly for so long.  Let me repeat - this is not a bad thing! Whenever someone brings up children - since that is naturally the next step after marriage, I immediately respond that while Ant and I are SO ready for this next step in our lives, we are not quite ready to stop living selfishly together.  We want to enjoy married life for awhile, just the two of us.  When we are ready, Ant and I can not WAIT to start a family and be parents.  He is going to be the absolute best father and partner in that adventure…but not yet!  

Sean freaking crying: as Catherine walked down the aisle.  That's where any level of composure I had went away.  I began to freaking cry.  Then I started to panic about what I am going to do on our wedding day if Ant cries…then I ran downstairs and made Ant promise not to cry so I can hold myself together.  This was where he laughed at me again.  In a nice loving supportive way of course…and asked if I wanted hot cocoa.

Music:  While I did not love their music choice in particular, I did love that she walked down the aisle to something unique and different.  Ant and I have been putting a lot of thought into our music choices - we want them to be fun and "us"…whatever that means!  I'm trusting our DJ to help us make that part of the ceremony perfect.


Ceremony: Everything about the ceremony is exactly why Sean/Catherine and Ant/I are wedding soul mates.  The ceremony was simple and personal.  There were no cheesy lines, nothing fake…the officiant was full of daddy love and support.  The personal vows were perfect.  They showed their personality, with the right amount of silly and sweet, and were full of love.  Ant and I are writing our own vows, which I am so nervous and excited about.  Watching this ceremony made me want to whip out a pencil and start writing mine right there…



Recessional:  Sean and Catherine cried and giggled their entire way back down the aisle as husband and wife.  And while I can't pretend to imagine how I am going to feel on that day, knowing Ant and I I would guess it is going to be a perfect combination of those emotions.  It is the perfect expression of excitement and joy.





Did you watch the Bachelor wedding?  What were your thoughts?  I've noticed that since I got engaged, I have become a very different type of wedding guest…(even though in this case I was a guest from my couch)…you can't help it!  You have marriage on the brain!  In this case, when you cut through all the ABC editing silliness - you end up with a wedding and a marriage full of love and commitment.  YAY for that.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah you are right that our wedding is the perfect appearance of excitement and joy. I just love these unique wedding venues and it’s my dream to book this kind of venue.

    ReplyDelete