Sunday, December 1, 2013

Pretty things and good deals

Happy Saturday! (and a belated Happy Thanksgiving)

Today's post is a short(er) one....in honor of Small Business Saturday!!

I work retail, so Thanksgiving week means Black Friday - one of the busiest weekends for us, and the official kickoff to the holiday season!  Today is also small business Saturday.  One of my favorite things about living in Guilford is that we have so many small local businesses in town.  There is nothing more fun than spending the afternoon wandering in and out of the stores around the green!  I have a busy work weekend - so I didn't get to participate in too many deals - but this one jumped out at me as something I HAD to share - especially if any of you out there are local CT shoreline brides!!

A couple of weeks ago I spent my Halloween afternoon up in Hartford at Alicia Ann Couture's studio.  As you know - Rachel from No Eye Has Seen is our wedding photographer....in our initial meeting with Alicia - when we decided to hire Rachel, I found out that Alicia also does glamour/boudoir shoots! Her brand, Alicia Ann Couture launched just a few weeks later...and after a little bit of thought I decided to go for it and book a session with her!  A friend of mine had done a boudoir shoot for her fiancĂ© as a wedding present, and only had good things to say.  I thought it would be a special thing to surprise Ant with - as well as a fun way to treat myself.  (I can safely write about this here, because he just got 3 photos as a teaser on our 5 year anniversary....he has to wait to see the rest!)


I can NOT speak more highly of the experience!!  I brought my middle sister with me for moral support (which I also highly recommend).  We told Ant we were busy all morning doing wedding things...not a lie, and enough to keep him from asking any more questions! Erin Infantino from Simply Gorgeous by Erin did my hair and makeup in the studio (again - HIGHLY recommend).  She was incredible and made me feel - and look - absolutely amazing (which is why I have since booked her for our wedding!).  Alicia was so professional and made me feel so comfortable throughout the shoot....and the pictures are stunning.  She advertises her shoots as glamour/boudoir which I think is the perfect description.  While I busted out some incredible lingerie I bought for the occasion from Beneath the Gown and Victorias Secret - the photos are not raunchy or in-your-face sex - but more soft and feminine - with a touch of sexy, of course!

Here is one example from my shoot (stolen bad quality screen shot - since I haven't purchased my album yet!)


Anywayyyy....long story short - Alicia just posted her 2013 Holiday Promo - and I am passing it along to all of you!!!  If you book now for a shoot this winter, you get a gift certificate for a free massage along with your glamour session!


I would recommend this to any woman - whether or not you are planning a wedding.  The photos make a perfect birthday gift, anniversary gift....or present to yourself!  It is a fabulous way to pamper yourself.  For me, it was honestly just a fun afternoon.  If you need more convincing - let me know! I can put any of your fears to rest :)

Have you ever done a boudoir shoot?  What was the occasion?  


No comments:

Post a Comment