Friday, December 20, 2013

All I want for Christmas....

I'd love to talk about some of my favorite Christmas gifts to give others - but since Christmas hasn't happened yet - that topic will have to wait!  In the meantime, I thought I'd cover self gifting.

As new homeowners, Ant and I have found ourselves with an entirely new set of expenses and responsibilities....which we would never trade for the world!  We LOVE our home and the projects we continue to do to make it our own.  These new expenses and responsibilities, however, make the holidays that much more fun!  We love an excuse to spoil each other and ourselves......which is why 2013 is the Christmas of WANTS!  Absolutely beautiful and unnecessary things that we ask for just because we want them :) (Yes Ant, I just called XBox One unnecessary...sorry!)

When I was asked what I wanted for Christmas this year, I wasn't entirely sure.  But....as I've gone along over the last few weeks, I have managed to come up with a few things!  If I was going to be splurging on me, these are a few of the things I want that would be at the top of my list this year! As a firm believer in self gifting, maybe a few of them will make their way into our house over the next few months....

One thing I've always struggled with is all the great things I find that I LOVE while shopping for others!! This beautiful wave necklace is from Aquinnah Jewelry designed in Killingworth, CT.  I was shopping at a boutique that had a trunk show by this designer and fell in love.  I absolutely need this necklace for myself...but I held off (for now)! Like so many other pieces by this designer it is so simple and so pretty - I DID buy a bracelet for a friend!!  A girl can only say no to but so many things...



Ahhhh.  These booties by Jessica Simpson.  I can't decide if I'd buy brown or black, which is probably the main reason I haven't bought them yet.  I am not the best in heels. So wedge heels like these are the perfect solution - especially in the winter!  It's so cold which makes looking cute sometimes feel very challenging.....but these with any jeans and a simple top and ta da!  Crisis averted. (They're on sale now too!)



Okay, so my dad and I discovered this pillow while shopping at Pier 1 the other day.  It might look slightly...frilly.  But it is seriously the most surprisingly soft pillow!  and the frilly makes for a very soft, pretty detail for your favorite space.....mine currently being our brand spanking new living room.  Now if I can find the perfect new blanket to go with it, Ant's in real trouble.



Our engagement pictures were amazing...and we have big plans to display a few of them - our two favorite black and white ones - in our bedroom (my second gallery wall project!).  We already bought a frame for one of them, but the other would look even more stunning displayed as a Gallery Wrap - which you can order through our photographer herself!



Back to the basics - my go to mascara would be the perfect stocking stuffer...if I was stuffing my own stocking! I love most things BareMinerals...and this mascara is at the top of that list.  I have very long eyelashes, and it's easy for mascara to get too clumpy or too crazy.  This one is simple and does just what I need it to, curl & lengthen.  Enough said!



Sigh.  I buy myself two purses a year, and I am way overdue for my winter one :)  This crossbody from Kate Spade would do the trick!  Not too big, not too small....and I haven't had a simple black bag in about 4 years...I think it's time!!  My current purse is a beautiful mustard colored one I got in Florence though, so it's a little harder to part with than usual.


Is 2013 a Christmas of wants or needs for you??  What is at the top of your list??

No comments:

Post a Comment