Monday, December 30, 2013

the year nothing happened

Just like that, Christmas is over...and it is almost the new year!  If your holidays are anything like mine, they involved LOTS of family & food, and they FLEW by!  I'm always amazed at how quickly they pass.  Our Christmas includes two VERY important birthdays also, so it's double the celebration! You need a vacation from your holiday, in the best, sleepy want to snuggle on your couch all day kind of way!  Anyway....I'm looking forward to posting about some of my favorite gifts to give (and receive!)...but with 2014 only a few short hours away....it would be wrong to not reflect on 2013 in its fabulous entirety.

I made a facebook album not too long ago that I titled "the year nothing happened".  It was the perfect way to describe a period of time where too much has happened to describe in one sentence otherwise.  Ant and I have since lovingly referred to 2013 in that way...either that, or our quarter life crisis.  Either is fitting!  In our 25th year, we have accomplished a LOT. and I couldn't be more proud of the life we are building together.

I sat here for awhile trying to recap the major things that have happened....but really, the amount that has happened this year is a bit outrageous.  When I break it down to the most basic quarter life crisis moments, you get this:

Ant and I got engaged on May 15, 2013.
We bought our first home on September 11, 2013.
I made my first big career move on November 6, 2013.

This does not include the AMAZING travel I (/we!) did this year, or any of the many other million exciting things that have happened in the lives of those we love (graduations, weddings, babies, oh my!)  Ant got a promotion at work, I crossed international borders for work (oh Canada!)....etc. etc. etc.  you get the gist.  The short version, 2013 has been very good to us..

I put together this little video that goes backwards through the last year via my personal instagram account.  While it doesn't include half the things that have happened - it's a cool way to reflect on some of the highlights!



2014 has big shoes to fill, but I have a feeling it might even blow this year out of the water.  We already have a number of vacations planned - I made the nice list this year and Santa rewarded me with JT tickets for February (!!!!!) - oh yea, and I'm marrying the love of my life!  We are very, very Lucky.

I hope you have a wonderful New Year!!!  What are you most thankful for in 2013?  What are you most looking forward to in the new year?

I'll see ya in 2014 to discuss our New Year's resolutions! (or lack thereof....)

No comments:

Post a Comment