Tuesday, November 26, 2013

It's here!!!

My wedding dress is in!

You would've thought Christmas came early in Guilford, I was basically a giddy school girl when I got the voicemail. I wasn't expecting it to be in until after the holidays!  I immediately called the White Dress by the Shore back, and Shana answered. She was very sweet and patient while I asked ridiculous questions - like where does my dress live until I get it fitted? And explained to me how the whole process works! Yes, they keep it safe until I come back for fittings.... yes, I can visit it if I want to (how did she know that was my next question!)... I could come in for an accessories appointment anytime, etc. etc. etc... yay!

I pretty quickly made an appt to go in and and see it.  My sister Alison and my mom went with me...and in case you were wondering, yes I am still madly in love with it!! It is actually bigger than the sample, so it doesn't fit me as well (the sample had been an ALMOST perfect fit, aka a little too snug for comfort)....But that will give us the room we need to tailor it perfectly, especially in the bust region! While we were there we took pictures of the back, so I can make sure I buy a bra that matches the silhouette.  Shana also gave me the belt that originally came with the dress! In my opinion that belt dresses the gown down, so the day I bought it I had chosen a different belt that I will be wearing for the wedding. But the original belt is beautiful...I can't let it go to waste! My plan is to find a dress for my bridal shower or rehearsal dinner that I can wear the belt with as a fun and special way to add some sparkle!

Unfortunately, I can't post any of the pictures from that trip, since they all include the dress....but I've attached one of the belt! What color or style dress do you think would compliment it well?



Also, if you missed my initial post about finding the dress, you can read about it here.... Or on TWD's blog here!

4 comments: