Wednesday, November 20, 2013

5th anniversary - #becomingmrsmascia

Happy Wednesday!

Today, November 20th - is our 5 year anniversary! It is the day that our trial period ended and the rest of our lives began...

When Ant and I first started dating, I had just found out I was going to be spending the following semester abroad in Spain - and I thought he was crazy for wanting to commit to a relationship while I was on the other side of the world!  He had just transferred up to UConn, and I thought he would regret   being tied down while I was away for four months...so one of the terms of our relationship was a "trial period"...a period of time where he could change his mind and take it back, no hard feelings!  I had just met the cutest boy ever and did not want him resenting me - I am not exactly a patient person but I was willing to wait until I got back to see where things would go! Less than a week into said trial period, Ant, with a bit of exasperation, asked me if the trial period could be over and we could just date.  That's one thing I learned pretty quickly about Ant, and have learned to absolutely adore...the guy knows what he wants! So anyway, long story short...November 20th has been our anniversary for the last 5 years.  and it's our last official dating anniversary!  Next year, 8/8 will become our date.

A quick photo dump of the last 5 years, primarily previous anniversaries...

*Our first picture together, ever.  This is the one I showed everyone when they wanted to know about my new boyfriend.  We look like babies...


A few shots of us in Spain.  Yes, he came to visit me, a whopping 3....4? months into our relationship.  Whatta guy.  (THANK YOU Bettie & Tony) :)



First anniversary:  Road trip to Niagara Falls & Toronto



...and then we graduated! UConn Class of 2010.  Can we go back??


To be honest, I can't find a single picture of our 2nd anniversary....but we had just moved into our apartment together!  Here's a pic of our first Christmas in the apartment in the meantime.


Our 3rd anniversary - my grandfather had just passed away, and we took a much needed mini getaway to Providence, got fancy in the Biltmore. and fancy for us means opening bottles of wine with toothbrushes.......yep.



Year 4...took a long weekend, this time to Mt Snow, VT!  Oktoberfest there (AMAZING foliage), followed by Brewfest at Mohegan Sun. 





As a way to transition from our old anniversary to our new one, and start the official wedding countdown - I am going to document the next 261 days through pictures on my instagram with the hashtag #becomingmrsmascia! (if you don't already - follow me! @theshorelinebride) If it is blogworthy, you will also find it here.  Anything wedding related will certainly be the priority - but otherwise you'll get a snapshot of whatever other exciting things are happening in my life! (exciting being a relative term, of course)

My first official #becomingmrsmascia pic is just me and my guy.  Keeping it simple :)


No comments:

Post a Comment