Thursday, November 7, 2013

Wedding Apps - Organizing the iPhone

If you know me at all, you know that I am NOT an organized person....for some proof of this fact, feel free to visit my MOH's blog Balancing on my Toes! (Only if you promise not to judge me from then on...)  She is a professional organizer and often uses me for her pet projects! I'm not complaining :)

But anyway.....one thing that I have found I'm really good at organizing is wedding related things - all thanks to my iPhone!! There are so many apps available for wedding related things, I have been able to get them all in one place and can access SO many things right on my phone!  I thought I'd walk through a few of them with you, in case you hadn't already discovered them.

First: here is my 8.8.14 folder.  A folder! How organized.


AppyCouple:  I was so so excited when I found this app! I absolutely love the idea of having a wedding website that is a little different than your traditional free ones available to the masses.  This one had a super low one time fee ($28) which gets you total access to everything!  It is so easy to set up and creates such unique and fun websites! Plus, you also get an app version of the site for your tech savvy friends that want to download it.  I'll go into more details later, but for now here are a few sneak peeks of our site:



The only downside is you can't edit your site from your mobile device...gotta be at home!

WeddingWire:  I have not used most of the tools available in this app - but have found it supremely useful for searching for vendors - especially early on when we were looking at photographers, caterers, DJs, etc...WeddingWire has great detailed reviews and descriptions when you search by location.  We used this countless times while discussing vendors on drives around the state. (Some not so subtle shout outs to my vendors in the pics below!)



The Knot wedding planner:  Again, I have not used this one a ton, but it is my go to for a general idea of time lines.  Some great advice I got early on from a friend was to NOT stress about the "official" time lines, but do everything when it seems right for me, which has definitely kept me sane over the last few months....but this is still a great resource to fall back on.  As I get closer to the actual date and deal with way more of the little details, I anticipate this will be way more useful! (Yes this is my checklist. No I'm not freaking out about all the alarm clocks!)


Blogger: This wonderful blog here! This app allows me to write posts, edit posts, add pics, etc.etc.etc.  One thing I have learned about myself since starting this blog is that I am really bad at sitting down and writing a full post start to finish.  I do much better when I start something as soon as I think of a topic, and then go back to finish it at a later date.  It allows me to get my thoughts out and edit them as I go along...



Restoration Hardware: This app only allows you to read the catalogs, not actually manage or edit your registry, but it is still helpful as we have moved into our house when we want to look at new things we might want to add to our registry! Also, the new holiday catalog just came out. So. Many. Warm. Winter. Things. Insert a million images of our cozy home with its roaring fireplace.  Love. 




Macys: the Macys app DOES allow you to manage your registry, 100%! You can see what items have been purchased, add and subtract items from your registry, and so on and so forth! If you regularly shop at Macy's, it's not just for registries...it is also their normal app for everything Macys related. 


Wanderable: my favorite registry, our honeymoon registry!! The Wanderable app also allows you to add new items and view which items have been purchased. It allows you to send thank you cards with pics from your honeymoon straight from the phone! The only things you can't do are reorder and delete items already on your registry.


Rachel & Ant: My personal favorite! :)  This is a direct link to our engagement shoot on PASS, where we can download our pictures directly, order prints, and generally enjoy the gorgeousness that is Rachel's work! (Our wedding photographer. I am not talking in third person.)


What do you think?  What apps are out there that I'm missing?  Have you found any as addicting and helpful as I have?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the mention!!! =)

    And good job with your organizing!

    ReplyDelete