Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Planning our engagement pics

Planning our engagement pictures was SO much fun! It was the first time we were meeting our photographer Rachel, which we were so excited about...and she could not have been more help in the planning process! In the almost 5 years that Ant and I have been together we have a LOT of pictures together...but it's a totally different ball game when you get to do it with all the bells and whistles! The most important thing was that I wanted the pictures to be US...nothing too cheesy and nothing too fancy, just a slightly more put together version of us :) 

The easiest decision was where to take our engagement photos....when this is where your fiancĂ© proposes, it's sort of a no brainer. 


Could Chaffinch Island Park be any more beautiful??  Rachel was totally on board! The next thing we talked about was themes. Ant and I are big wine-os... We love sharing a good glass of wine at our favorite restaurants, or exploring the local vineyards....Ant had brought a bottle of wine and picnic to the park when he proposed! So a wine picnic complete with blanket was not a stretch for us.  I wanted to keep it SUPER simple with props, again nothing over the top, so when I searched Pinterest these were a few images that jumped out at me.  We bought a new blanket at TJMaxx (any excuse to buy a new blanket is good in my book!) - and bought the same bottle of wine Ant had brought to celebrate when I said YES! If you're going to have a bottle of wine in the pictures forever, it's gotta be a meaningful one!


I asked Rachel for suggestions on cute ways to incorporate our date into the images, again without getting too cheesy, and she sent us a number of great suggestions! This is one that immediately stood out to me as an easy one to incorporate into what we already knew we wanted to do...

 


How cute are those glasses?? A great way to personalize with our date and blend into the shots. I thought we we were going to make them ourselves at first, but I googled chalkboard wine glasses (brilliant I know) and found them at Pier 1 for only $3 each! Done!!


These images were pics I pinned as inspiration for poses - I love how natural and sweet they all are! It is all about the couple and their closeness. 


The next thing to figure out was our outfits!  These were the outfits I pinned for inspiration - I wanted to keep our outfits coordinated without being matchy - and make sure they wouldn't be things we'd look back at and wonder - what were we thinking??? I know, who ever thought I'd spend so much time thinking about a couple of outfits! I just knew there were a few things I definitely wanted us to wear - like my fabulous new mint heels, and Ants pink and blue plaid that I adore! Luckily, one day my sister and MOH were over and they helped us make our final picks!  We did have three picked out, but only ended up using two. Our best two, I think :) 

The day of the shoot, I went and got my makeup done by Jennie Fresa in Clinton, CT.  She recently opened up a blow dry bar, so I got my hair done too! It was the perfect way to ensure a good hair day - and I couldn't have felt better when we met Rachel at the park! Jennie did an amazing job keeping my makeup natural, in such a way that came out amazing in the pictures! I'm glad I took Rachel's advice and did get my makeup done professionally. 

Anddddddd here are the final products!! I know I already showed you a bunch of them, but I'm showing you again, now that I walked you through all the nitty gritty details that got us there!  Now that you've seen our thought process leading up to the shoot.... What do you think? How did we do?











No comments:

Post a Comment