Monday, June 30, 2014

The June List: Recap

Remember that time I said the June list was overwhelming??? Well, there was a reason for that….

WAIT A MINUTE.  I just went to actually start crossing things off the list I had made for June…and ladies {and gents}…considering what a CRAZY month June was…I actually sort of kicked this list's butt!  I feel like it went so fast that I was expecting to go back into this and see all these things I had NOT done…but in actuality, I was pretty darn realistic about my list! #win for this bride.

Okay….before I lose you all with my rambling….let's review June!

The JUNE List:
Buy Ant's belt - probably the easiest item on this list…but yet…here it stays
Build all lawn games {groom will be doing this, but still!} - not done, but Ant and my dad are actively setting up a date to make this actually happen
- Make all table #s  - DONE!  Major thank you to my mom for helping me knock this one out.
- Start looking for Find MOTB dress  - again, DONE!  One majorly productive day at the mall later...
- Finalize menu for rehearsal dinner - DONE! All settled and ready to order.
- Decide on rehearsal dinner invites & order - DONE.  I give Ant 100% of the credit for this one. 
- Send out invitations {both rehearsal dinner and wedding} - DONEEEEEEE. YAYYY. 
- Send out friendly reminders about the hotel room block! - DONE.  A few times over.  With varying levels of friendly and naggy :)
- Complete FOTB & FOTG outfits - DONE!  Only thing not purchased is my dad's shirt.  But suits and ties are golden and that's enough for me!
- Go shopping for rehearsal dinner "things" {everything but the food & drink} - Had a very productive morning shopping with my MIL and we have just about everything we need for our rehearsal dinner decor!
- Celebrate my bridal shower!!! - DONE! You read the post here. :)
- Finish paint & names for place cards - Place cards are all painted, we just need to get the names on them, so they are ready for #s the week before the wedding.
- Mock up seating chart - Started playing with seating charts, and quickly realized it was a waste of time until I have the RSVPs in…so I didn't get very far, but it is also as done as it is going to get at this point...
- Finalize key songs - Not done, but thats why we made sure to successfully do the next item on the list…..
- Pick a date to meet with DJ in July - DONE!  July 17th poor Pat will have to help get this indecisive mess of a bride and groom organized with song choices and things.
- Send email to Noreen about flowers - DONE! I love Noreen.  She makes me happy, and her beautiful flowers make me happy. 
- Pay balance for honeymoon - DONE!  My credit card hurts but my heart is so happy.  And I got this beautiful welcome packet in the mail from Sandals shortly after!  I am so excited for the wedding, and often forget that we have this magical vacation immediately afterwards...
- Get in touch with caterer about drink menu - DONE!  We have made contact, I just need to finalize our decisions.
- Contact Mystic Market re: cake stand size - DONE! 12" cake stand, here we come.
- Hair trial!! - Again, let's talk about vendors making me happy.  I ramble a bunch of things about hair and soft and out of my way, and Brittni's amazing Aunt Amy creates something soft and beautiful.  Now we just need about 100 types of product to make it behave in the August heat and we will be golden!
- Second dress fitting - DONE.  It was the first time my dress felt like my dress…it was perfect and it made me the happiest person in the shoreline area.  I was giddy and giggly for the rest of the night.
- Wedding signage - An official WIP...
- Book transportation - So let me just tell you, this is the definition of persistence pays off.  I refused to pay 1200 dollars…so I kept calling places…and viola!  No one said transportation has to be romantic.  It's a ten minute ride!  So we're golden, and for a whopping $375.  Hallelujah.
- Bridal party gifts 100% - Epic fail.  and I'm totally okay with that…you can't win them all!  We did make progress

Not too bad, right??  We are going to ignore the fact that the next list I write will be {essentially} my last list…and focus instead on how much I kicked butt in June! Not that I did it myself, I never would have gotten everything done without the support of my favorite humans on the planet.  You know who you are :)

Also, I realized I blog almost only about weddings…and went to a wedding this month and gave you almost NO pictures from it! So we are remedying this immediately.  With a major photo upload.  Stonge and Ina (now, Mr. and Mrs. St. Onge) got married in Newport on June 8th, exactly two months before Ant and I!  Their wedding at Regatta Place on Goat Island was absolutely beautiful.  They had the best weather and we had an amazing time!

When the Newport bridge is the backdrop at the hotel, how can you not take a million pictures??  
This outtake that I posted on instagram is actually one of my favorites



Ant got artsy with his shots…

Ant and Will, his best man.  Being pensive and silly on the docks!

Our group of friends from UConn…we dress up nice!!!  Love all of these people.


A selfie with the groom is always necessary.
A couple of pictures of the pretty details of the day...

 My roomies, past and present.
I love this man, so so much.  So I give him lots of kisses.

The bride and groom <3 

How was your June???

No comments:

Post a Comment