Sunday, June 29, 2014

The 6 Month Sprint: Week 12


My goal is to get through quite a number of "6 month sprint" posts over the course of the next week or so….I have a LOT of them to get to you! Let's pick up where we left off...

Friday May 16th: Emailed Rachel about timeline stuff.  Who knew how many times that pesky timeline would come up through this planning process...

Sunday: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

Monday:  Spent some time working with Jen, and figured out the map issue for our invitations.  LOVE the solution we came up with!

Tuesday: Resent out the check for part of my wedding gift….oh how I love the mail system.  I also went into transportation mode like whoa, and reached out to a number of places to get quotes.  The reality of the situation is that transportation is WAY more expensive than I'd guessed.  But you have to start somewhere!!  I also got the proof of the map for our invitations and got the final proof - okayed it and ordered it!!! YAY! Happy dance!!!! Sigh of relief.  And so on and so forth...

Wednesday: Reached out to my aunt to get details about +1s and addresses for my cousins to correct our guest list!  Now that our invitations are ordered I realized I should start auditing our guest list to make sure it was ready when we needed to start sending them out!  I also sent an email to the restaurant we are going to have cater our rehearsal dinner to ask about some menu options.  I also sent out another email to our cake baker to confirm the size we will need for our cake stand, so we can start to get that taken care of!

Thursday May 22: Paid for invites.  Then I got an email from AppyCouple about being on their blog!  AppyCouple had featured a picture of my engagement ring on their instagram account awhile back….and the woman reached out to see if we would be willing to share our proposal story for a blog series they are running! Exciting stuff!!! I obviously said yes.

Now that the nitty gritty is done…let's talk about my bachelor free weekend!  While Ant was in Vegas, I spent most of this weekend out in the sun with my roommate from college!  We spent Saturday on Block Island…and today we went to the town beach in Guilford!  Both are quite different beaches, but both were perfect relaxing days with one of my favorite people working on my tan :)


the snap we sent Ant & his groomsmen...

They were setting up for a wedding on the beach at Ballards..

Day 2 of sun!! Doesn't get any better.
Ant comes home from Vegas tonight, but won't actually get home until probably 1 am or so…so I will be enjoying one last "mevening" at the house.  While I have had a wonderful weekend…I can't wait for him to get home!!  I got this adorable/hilarious shot of him and his best man sleeping in the San Fran airport on their way home earlier….

Nick is right, I am a lucky girl.
How was your weekend??  Can you believe it is almost JULY??

No comments:

Post a Comment