Wednesday, July 2, 2014

The July List: 1 {ONE!!!!!} Month to go!

So…I hope you have been enjoying these lists, because this is almost officially the last one!!! Technically, there are 7 days of August where I will still have wedding planning to do - and you may or may not get the official list of that…but you will certainly notice that this list contains a lot of words like "finalize" and "complete" - because that is what July is all about for us! Eeekkkk! :)

The JULY List:
First: the things that are rolling over..
Buy Ant's belt
Build all lawn games {groom will be doing this, but still!} 
- Finish names for place cards 
- Finalize key songs 
- Wedding signage 
- Bridal party gifts 100% 
Now: the new things on the list for this month…
- Buy a cake stand
- Finish seating chart & write table #s on place cards
- Work out details of wedding program with Jen and order
- Finalize cocktail hour drinks with West Bay Gourmet
- Finalize timeline for the day
- Place orders for rehearsal dinner food (2 caterers)
- Buy morning-of outfit
- Buy rehearsal dinner shoes
- Complete bathroom kits
- Print & frame wedding pictures
- Celebrate Bachelorette/Stag weekend!!!
- Buy alcohol for rehearsal dinner
- Pay videographer balance
- Make reservations for day of rehearsal dinner {boys - paintball. girls - nail salon}
- Write vows {!!!!!!!} insert a bunch of nervous and excited comments here.
- RELAX

Okay…so this is why I am crazy about this fiancĂ© of mine.  I just went over the list with him, and he ever so helpfully added a couple major things I missed {like vows, and videographer} but also insisted I put "relax" as the last thing on the list…"so that every time I look at the list and start to stress out, I relax".  We said that this wedding was going to be simple and pretty and fun, and so far I have had so much fun with all of the planning!  But there is only one month left, so the "July list" might as well just say "EVERYTHING ELSE."  Which, to even the most organized person, can be a smidge stressful.  So…I am going to make sure that I take the time I need to relax this month as well!  Luckily, we already have all sorts of plans that will ensure that happens - my bachelorette party being one of them!!!   We also planned a beach day in Rhode Island with both of our parents, as a way to get everyone together for a non-wedding event to - you guessed it - relax! 

I'm going to leave you with a few pictures I took at Avery Pt this weekend.  Katie and I stopped on our way back to Guilford from Block Island saturday night.  It was a beautiful evening and the sunset on campus was amazing! There was a wedding going on, so we didn't get too close…but we walked around campus and snapped some pics.  

branford house wedding, shoreline bride, ct shoreline bride
This was the view looking across the river at the sunset...

It was literally a perfect evening how beautiful is this spot??


New London Ledge Lighthouse

Scoping out a potential first look spot


This is the view from where our rehearsal dinner will take place - not too shabby right??


What do you have planned for July??? 


No comments:

Post a Comment