Thursday, July 10, 2014

The 6 Month Sprint: Week 13


Okay - today my plan is to get us out of May in our 6 month sprint updates - so let's get started!

Friday May 23rd: I was able to email Pat, our DJ and confirm the placement of his table, etc at our reception.  I also sent an email to Erin to ask about making another payment now - one less thing to worry about on the 8th!!!  Lastly {If you hadn't noticed, Friday was an email day.  There are a lot of those} - I emailed AppyCouple our real proposal story for their blog!  I had just had to write a formal version of it for our Justice of the Peace, so luckily it was pretty simple to adjust it and send it out!

May 24th: May 24th was a very important day!!! I created Ant's wedding to-do list.   As we are getting closer and closer to the "big day" there are things on the list that I either A: don't want to do or B: don't NEED to do...and those went right onto Ant's list! There weren't a lot of them, but they were things I knew he could easily manage that would take major stress off of my plate.  and that is the most important part of planning - minimal stress!!!  {Side note: he is kicking butt with his list}

May 27th:  We got an email notification that someone had purchased a VERY generous gift off of our honeymoon registry!!!  I legit did a happy dance at work when I read the email.  And called Ant, and my parents, and happy danced some more.  My Aunt Ellen and cousin Renee had gifted us a candlelight dinner for two on the beach!!!  I went home and immediately booked our dinner through Sandal's website.  Monday August 11th, while ya'll enjoy your dinners - just think of Ant and I and our fancy dinner on the beach we will be enjoying!

From Sandal's website - just to give you a nice visual :)

May 28th: I heard back from Erin about paying my balance - and received an invoice through PayPal.

Thursday May 29th:  I got an email from Ant's mother Bettie about a sale that was going on at Yankee Candle - which prompted a conversation about rehearsal dinner decor!  We ended up buying some things for both the rehearsal dinner and the wedding reception from the sales!  I'll show you some of those later.   I got an email back from Rachel confirming details of the timeline at the start of the day - when the photographers will show up, what the timeline for first look and other photos will look like, etc...  I also got an email back from Chesters about the rehearsal dinner menu - and officially added it to Ant's wedding to-do list :)  I paid our MUA balance - another thing to officially check off the list!  We got notification that AppyCouple had posted our Real Proposal blog post!  Later in the afternoon Ally came over and we went shopping and bought the rest of the frames for the table numbers, and some candles for the tables as well.  Then, her and I spent some time painting place cards - we got about half of them done!



Saturday May 31st: Saturday AM, while Ant did yard work, I spent my morning spray painting!  I finished painting all of the table number frames, and the actual #s that we are using on them!

Can you see Ant in the background working hard??


I'm going to flash forward again to July - and show you a bit of what summer at the lake looks like!  I thought I loved my house during our first 6 months living in it - it's even better this time of year!

My chef with quite the lovely dinner display.  Nothing better than grilling dinner!

We got to meet some neighbors at a belated 4th of July party on Sunday the 6th!

Our lake.
Celebrating -1 month!!!!

The Guilford docks.

and you wonder why I insisted on living near the shore....

theshorelinebride


Got to have dinner at the beach with family yesterday!!!
How have you been enjoying your summer??

No comments:

Post a Comment