Sunday, March 22, 2015

#Wifey Diaries - Sister Trip '15

Ant and I travel, a lot.  Often together, sometimes apart.....both are equally important!  Last week, I left the boys at home and traveled to the Dominican Republic with my sisters for 4 nights of fun, sun and relaxation.  Sara is a senior {!!!!} so this was her last break, and Ally and I happily joined!  It was the saddest thing to leave Franklin, but I knew him and Ant would have the best time {I imagine a boys weekend filled with video games & star wars, if we're being honest}.

This was the goodbye I got early Friday am....be still my sad mommy heart.


We flew out early Saturday AM and were checked in at our hotel, the Majestic Colonial by 2!  I had booked us a room in the Colonial Club, the adults only upgraded portion of the hotel.  The hotel was BEAUTIFUL.  We were greeted with champagne, and the Colonial Club had two separate pools and a private piece of beach that were exclusive to club members.  Fancy stuff!  The beach the hotel is on is absolutely stunning - the water is perfect and there are plenty of umbrellas and beds to stay out of the sun!  We commandeered beds on the beach each day to have plenty of space to relax and get shade.  






One day we ventured off the resort for an excursion.  We snorkeled with sting rays and sand sharks, paddle boarded and kayaked, and drank smoothies while getting massages!  Not a bad day :)




On our last morning we got up early to watch the sunrise.  There was no one on the beach....it was perfect.



As sad as I was to leave, I was also ready to get home!  The fabulous flight attendant on our way home gave me a huge glass of free first class wine, and when I finally dragged my butt into the house at 230am, this nugget was awake and waiting for me!  There is no better feeling than puppy love, and it felt so good to be home.  He is a MONSTER, and had grown so much in just 5 short days!  This emotional tired-from-traveling mama almost cried when I saw how big he'd gotten!

I was a huge fan of our sister trip, and definitely think it is something I could get used to doing every few years!  The next time I travel we will be North Carolina bound for a family wedding, and it will be our first time leaving Franklin!  Luckily, he has loving grandparents who are willing to watch him for us :)


Did you go anywhere fabulous for spring break??  If so, tell me where!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment