Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Wedding Flowers: the final product

In my first post about wedding flowers {first of three, yes...thats a lot of talk about flowers} I said that the flowers were one of the aspects of wedding planning that took me completely by surprise.  Here's why.....

.....they were the first thing to make me CRY on my wedding day.  I was cool as a cucumber, full of nervous excited energy all morning with my girls.....but when we arrived at the Branford House and I walked in and saw all the gorgeous flowers Noreen had dropped off for us, I lost it.  I think it was the first aspect of the wedding planning I had finally seen come to REAL completion - the room wasn't set up at this point... I had my hair and makeup done, but wasn't wearing my dress....everything was still coming together.  But there was my gorgeous bouquet, and all of my bridesmaids bouquets. and two of THE MOST adorable little flower girl baskets!  They were all done and so so beautiful.  anddddd I cried.

You have to be able to trust your vendors - they are the experts, not you! {or certainly not me anyway!}.  Noreen had taken all of my random tidbits and thoughts and put everything together in a way that was better than I could have imagined!!!

Noreen checked in on me briefly, then left for a bit before coming back to finish setting up the centerpieces and babies breath garland.  Every time I came out into the room things were just more and more beautiful.  The way she put the centerpieces together, mixing and matching blushes, whites and pinks was perfect.  As a last minute touch outside, she lined the aisle with extra petals!  

In my second post about flowers I went through all the nitty gritty and planning that got us to our wedding day......and now, I'm just going to photo dump on you! and let you enjoy the finished product :)  Some of these are repeats but I have to show you everything together.  Sorry in advance! {sorry I'm not actually sorry}
















all pictures above were from our amazing wedding photographers Alicia Ann Photographers

Even though she was primarily behind the scenes all afternoon, Noreen remained such a calming presence throughout the day.  She checked in on Ant and I after our first look, right before she packed up to leave, and actually took one of my favorite candids of us from the day!  We were so fortunate to have someone as genuinely kind and talented as Noreen working with us on our wedding day!!


Have any other questions about my experience with wedding flowers??  Let me know - I learned SO much you might almost call me an expert now! ;)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment