Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Wedding Flowers: Earth Blossoms

Okay so it has been MONTHS since I last chatted about flowers...but I'm back for the next part of my three part installment on wedding flowers.  You're getting alllllll the nitty gritty!

Last time I told you about the two meetings I had with florists and my MIL.  As it turns out, from a budget perspective, both florists came in at almost exactly the same number - so finances were basically a non factor in the ultimate decision.  In the end, I essentially went with my gut.  I wish I could give you a better explanation than that....but I can't.  Both were very professional, in different ways, and I'm sure my flowers would have been stunning with either florist...but my MIL said it simply: it's YOUR wedding.  You choose.  So I did!  I emailed Noreen back almost immediately and told her we couldn't wait to work with her for our wedding day!  She made me feel so comfortable.  Her email after our initial meeting was so detailed and specific.  There were no surprises - everything we had talked about was there in front of me on one sheet.  Her communication was also AMAZING.  She emailed me back almost immediately, every time...and was so reassuring that I knew I wouldn't need to stress the details.  The little things, like communication, can make the big difference when you're planning a wedding.  So I went with my gut!

Throughout the process, she continued to be absolutely wonderful with communication.  When I randomly emailed her after the new year with a few ideas I'd been rolling around in my head {and this picture I had found of the fireplace with string lights!}, she got back to me within HOURS with her opinion and a promise to add the information to my file.


The next time I emailed her was June, this time with a couple images of bridal bouquets I loved, and a request to change the flowers I used for the place card table.  Again - she wrote back immediately, and even though she was busy with other weddings took the time to make sure I knew she was on my side. {on a side note, who doesn't love everything LC does??}


She emailed me again later that month to confirm a few remaining details from our initial meeting...little details I had even forgotten about!  I got another check-in from her in early July when she had found urns that she thought would work perfectly for my ceremony.  When she went to a wedding the month before ours at the Branford House, she came back to me with a few questions and concerns that we were able to talk through.  All of this communication helped make me feel more than comfortable that she and I were on the same page, and that she knew what I was looking for.  Again - this is amazing considering I still wasn't even sure what I imagined it all looking like!!!


Last but not least,  I emailed her roughly two weeks before the wedding asking if we could add a floral element to the wedding cake {similar to the photo below} as a last minute touch!  She was wonderful and pleasant through every step of the process.  She was willing to make suggestions, and always happy to listen to mine!


Choosing the right vendor is THE MOST important part of making your wedding planning process fun...and Noreen certainly did that for me!  How did you choose your florist??

xoxo

**The images above were from screenshots I found in my emails with Noreen from last year - so I hadn't saved the original sources!!!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love these flower arrangements and that cake. It is looking so yummy. I like such simple wedding decorations. They look quite classy. Well, I need to find a famous event space Chicago. Please suggest some websites where I can find the venues and make online reservations!

    ReplyDelete