Monday, January 26, 2015

The Little Things: Table Numbers

Ant and I are {hopefully} about to be snowed in for the next 36 hours or so!  So we are busting out the wine and I just put brownies in the oven, but before we start our mega Netflix marathon I wanted to share some more wedding details with you!

Early on in our wedding planning, I knew there were a few projects I was definitely going to want to DIY.  I don't think we did NEARLY as many DIY projects as Brittni - but I'm pretty proud of the few we did pull off!  Table numbers are definitely one of those.

Travel is huge for Ant and I - and we have been to so many fun and special places together.  We wanted to incorporate that into our wedding day in a pretty and fun way, and this was the perfect solution!  I combined a few different ideas I had seen around on pinterest and other wedding blogs - the image below is one example. {again - so old I don't have the source - sorry!!} 


I loved the simple frame with the gold numbers - and the way the backdrop was pretty but not distracting.  This gave me the idea to try it with black and white pictures as the backdrop instead!  We went to the dollar store and bought roughly a million frames, all 4x6 but all different styles, colors and designs. {and ALL $1!!!}  We then POURED through all of our favorite travel photos and came up with our top 20ish {not knowing how many tables we'd end up having} and printed them all in black and white.  We loaded up on gold and gold glitter spray paint, and went to Hobby Lobby on a search for numbers!  We found smaller numbers than the example above, which I thought were perfect.  The smaller number allowed you to see more of the photo itself, which was really the most important part.



Don't ask why we set this up inside in the living room....I don't have any good reasons.  But that's okay!  We took the glass out of a couple of the frames and spread them out in the living room to test the gold and glitter on both the frames and the numbers.  As it turns out, its a good thing we got the gold glitter, because the plain gold was very very dull.  The glitter added JUST the right amount of extra sparkle!

After testing a couple, we brought the rest out into the driveway one afternoon for a massive spray painting session.  I painted frames while Ant mowed the lawn! 



I love the way the numbers were small and subtle, allowing the picture to speak for itself.  For our sweetheart table we used a photo of Chaffinch Park, where Ant proposed to me, and I used a scrapbooking heart shaped punch to make the "number."  So perfect!


Our total cost for the table numbers, including all of the spray paint was less than $50....just the type of budget I was looking for!  I love how they were a simple addition to the tables, and gave each table a little bit of special meaning to us.  We wanted our table set ups to be very simple and clean, and I think they came out perfect!  Below are the photos our wedding photographer took that night:  Table 4 was Annecy, France...Table 3 was Geneva, Switzerland...and Table 11 was Florence, Italy. {This is also a sneak peek at our STUNNING centerpieces from Earth Blossoms!}




Of course, this was my favorite table of the night {not that we ever sat there}....my bouquet, our Kate Spade champagne flutes and Chaffinch Park for the sweetheart table.


Have you thought about DIY-ing for your wedding?  What projects in particular are you planning to tackle???

xoxo

1 comment: