Thursday, February 19, 2015

#Wifey Diaries: Valentine's Day

I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day!!!  I wanted to share with you a few "things I'm loving" in regards to my Valentine's Day holiday this year....

Mix and Match Mama: 
Does it again!  We had a bake sale at work over the holiday weekend to raise money for the American Heart Association.  I was off on Thursday last week and spent ALL DAY baking.  My pistachio Kitchenaid and I were besties for the day.  I used three recipes I found on Mix and Match Mama's website! Two of them I LOVED, one I probably won't make again.  But let's focus on the ones I loved, since that's what this post is about!

Strawberry Buttermilk Cupcakes:
Okay - mine looked nothing like these (I need to practice my frosting skills) - but they tasted AMAZING.  These are perfect for dessert, or breakfast....and the fresh fruit was just the best thing ever.


Chocolate Banana Muffins:
I sense a theme here.  My favorite baked goods are ones that can be eaten as dessert and also justified as a breakfast food.  These chocolate banana muffins were SO simple and absolutely delicious!  I left a few extras at home knowing my husband would like them.


Valentine's Day on Feb 15:
Ant and I had our Valentine's Day dinner on Sunday night, since I worked on Saturday evening.  To me, this was a HUGE win/win.  A few year's ago we went to a restaurant we LOVED on Valentine's Day, and had the most disappointing time.  It was too crazy, too crowded....not our scene.  We like a nice relaxing meal - our favorite environments are those where we can share a bottle of wine and just chat....so celebrating on February 15th has sort of become an unofficial tradition of ours.

The Guilford Bistro is our favorite local spot, and Sunday night did not disappoint.  It was SO COLD, like negative degrees cold, and some reservations had cancelled, so the restaurant was more quiet than usual...perfect for a romantic Valentine's Day date!  It's BYOB, so we always stop across the street for a bottle, and they had our FAVORITE appetizer.  It was perfect!  If you live on the shoreline, you need to check this place out.  Just make sure you make a reservation, no matter what night of the week!!



Aquinnah Jewelry:
Hubs did good.  We don't typically exchange gifts on Valentine's Day, but this year he insisted since it was our first one as husband and wife.  He surprised me with a necklace from Aquinnah Jewelry.  Kelley, the owner and designer is the sweetest, and helped me design all of my bridesmaids earrings! I LOVE all of her things, and have gone back to her a few times for various gifts.  The rolling wave necklace is simple and stunning - he put so much thought into picking a piece he knew I'd love.


My Valentine:
Last but not least, I'm LOVING my Valentine.



xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment