Sunday, April 24, 2016

Our Wedding Video

So I've shared our wedding video with you once before, but you're getting it again. #sorrynotsorry

Hiring a wedding videographer was not something Ant and I agreed on initially.  Not that I blame him, but he was more worried about the additional cost we would be taking on, and not completely convinced it was "necessary".

I pushed the point a little bit, and convinced him to at least come meet with Max from Maxmotion Video with me.  Max had done our friends Jay and Marissa's wedding video, and they had only good things to say about him.

We met up with Max at a Starbucks halfway between us and him, and by the end of it Ant was on board TOTALLY on board.  Max was very low-key - in a way that we found very relatable.  He was no frills, what you see is what you get, and also very willing to work with us to make sure we were getting what we wanted.  His standard package is one fee that covers all day coverage by him with two cameras, a full day edit delivered on BluRay and a short clip delivered online.  He shows up during preparations and stays through the majority of the reception.  No hour limits, no strict schedules, easy peasy!  While we were chatting with him, he mentioned that he was just starting to offer one potential upgrade, to include a second shooter with him.  Ant & I left our meeting with him feeling very good about everything we had heard, and decided to hire him & Matt!

The day of, Max & Matt were wonderful!  They showed up SUPER early, before our photographer and even before one of our MUAs.  They were excited about the shots they were getting, and very personable with myself, my family, and all of my bridesmaids.  They stayed out of the way when it was appropriate, and jumped in to get shots they wanted when it made sense too.  I loved their creativity and am thankful for so so many of the memories they captured for us.

The final edited clip made me cry all over the place....and still occasionally does when I go back and watch ;)  It is such a small snapshot of the day, but captures the emotion and excitement in a few minutes so well. (and my dads speeches are notoriously tearjerkers to begin with)

The morale of the story: HIRE A VIDEOGRAPHER.

There are so many out there, in so many different price ranges.  Find one that works for you, find someone that you get along with, and hire them! and then thank me later :)


You can also view the video on his Vimeo site here.

xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment