Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Wedding Details: Signs

Time to get back into the wedding details!

I knew I wanted to have a sign for our ceremony that said something to the effect of "choose a seat not a side" - our friends are just that, OUR friends..and I didn't want there to be any worries about who sat where when people showed up to the ceremony.  I had seen many many versions of the sign, on wedding blogs and pinterest...and hadn't decided how I was going to tackle that particular project. That is, until Cate posted this picture from her friend's wedding...


...to which I shamelessly commented asking if I could hire her.  Fast forward a month and a half later....and I did just that!  We invited Cody and Cate to come over for dinner {cooked by Ant, of course}...and got all of the supplies to have her make two different signs for me!  Fun fact, finding a chalkboard proved WAY harder than I thought....until we made our way to Hobby Lobby where I got two for just about $20!

You may remember this photo I posted on instagram....where I shared no sneak peeks.  Below are the rest of the pics from that evening! 









The signs came out PERFECT.  I wish I was talented....but instead I will be thankful for creative friends!!  She incorporated the horseshoe in the Welcome sign to go along with our song, "Lucky" by Jason Mraz & Colbie Callait.  I gave her just about zero direction, except the basic wording and that I wanted it in gold :)

Rachel & Madi got a couple shots of the signs the day of the wedding too!  I love the second one, that was taken mid ceremony.



In case you were wondering, Cate IS available for hire - so if you are in need of any signs of your own, for weddings or other events...just let me know!  I'll pass along her information :)

xoxo


2 comments:

  1. The first picture is from my wedding! Cate is so insanely talented, and I feel lucky to have had a touch of her creative hand on display! BTW, I know we don't know eachother, but I loved looking through your wedding pictures on instagram! What a beautiful day, and congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thank you so much! and thank you for being the original!! When I saw the pictures she posted from your wedding I "hired" her on the spot. My creativity is pretty limited - we're both lucky to have her! :)

    ReplyDelete