Wednesday, September 9, 2015

#Wifey Diaries: Gallery Wall Update

Last year, Ant & I put up a gallery wall above our fireplace.  We decided it would primarily be photos of places, rather than people.  This was the original wall:

After our vacation this past spring, we had so many new pictures of amazing places - we decided it was time to update the wall!  We chose a number of photos, and I went a little crazy online shopping at TJMaxx {who knew you could buy online @ TJMaxx?? I didn't! Talk about dangerous.} One afternoon after work we popped a bottle of bubbly, took the whole wall down, and redid it.  I had "the vision" for layout, and Ant did all the measuring to ensure it actually came together okay! 


Franklin discovered he could get a better view from the stairs.

This shot includes two of my favorite pieces - the custom home watercolor I gifted Ant on our anniversary, and a painting his cousin did for us based on a photo Ant took while we were in San Fran.  






I love that the updated wall makes better use of the space, and includes a more interesting mix of colors and detailing on the frames!  It helps bring together the space, and is a great reminder of some of the travel we've been lucky to do.  What house projects have you been working on?? 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment