Friday, September 25, 2015

Franklins World: TJMaxx

This is not where I thought this post was going to go today, but hey!  I had all day today off with nugget - we have had unseasonably warm weather for the start of fall and so we spent the morning taking advantage of it with a nice walk around the lake {see photo below of my pup - part cavapom part mountain goat}.  I had a few errands to run, including a return at TJMaxx, so I called them once they opened and asked if they were dog friendly.  Now - I only bothered to call because they DID show up on a list of "dog friendly" stores I had looked up, but I don't alwayssss trust the internet.  Anyway!  The woman checked with her manager and told me that yes dogs were allowed!  So, Franklin and I headed off.

My observations: TJMaxx IS definitely pet friendly.  Every associate was nothing but friendly to us - but you could definitely tell that customers aren't used to people actually taking advantage of the policy in this particular store.  I had a couple people give me funny looks, but Franklin and I went about our business.  He was pretty adorable - he likes the bark at his own reflection and they had mirrors at the checkout that caused a little bit of an episode.  What are ya gonna do?

In other related news, TJMaxx had some absolutely amazing seasonal items they were just putting out!  I am not always great at actually doing it, but I love getting the house ready for the various holidays - so we picked up a few things and surprised Ant when he came home to a home ready for fall!

Pictured below:  table runner & pumpkin salt & pepper shakers just purchased today!  Rewind candle was a gift & mercury pumpkin was from Target last year.

I also completely couldn't help myself with these adorable gargoyles.  They've been added to our staircase frames - along with a pumpkin vanilla diffuser shaped like a bottle of poison {sadly not pictured}.  That was the first thing my husband noticed - the smell of the diffuser!!  It is amazingggg.

Also - did you know you can shop online at TJMaxx???  Sorry if I'm behind the curve, but I just discovered this a few weeks ago when I was looking for frames for our gallery wall.  When you order online you can return to the store for free - nice and easy.  They usually have a deal that's free shipping if you spend at least $89, which is scarily simple.  Here are a few of my holiday favorites currently available online...three things I've become a complete sucker for: pillows, candles, & table runners.




Have you already gotten your home ready for fall??  Where do you find your decor?? I'd love to know!!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment