Sunday, December 7, 2014

The Little Things: The Veil

Happy Sunday!  I thought I'd get back into wedding details with what ended up being one of my favorites - my veil!

If you remember back in January I was caught VERY off guard when I went shopping for accessories.  I did NOT expect picking out a veil to be as hard as it was!!  A veil is such a traditional aspect of the bridal look, and I honestly think I was surprised by how much of an emotional reaction I had to such a specific detail.  Luckily my mom, MOH and the lovely ladies at TWD did a wonderful job helping me talk through my options and make a decision that worked best for me...

In the end, I opted for a VERY simple and long veil.  It had a very thin ribbon edge, and otherwise no detailing....just longgggg and lovely! I think I expected to want a simple and shorter one, so when I loved the look of the longer one I was a little thrown off.  It seemed fancier, or something....and I was worried in the end it would look less "me" - or not make sense for the outdoor ceremony location.  Jill told me that longer veils often actually work better during outdoor ceremonies - because they weigh more and are less likely to blow around and get unruly...something I never would have even thought about!  As it turns out, this was absolutely the truest advice!  One of my favorite details in some pictures is the veil and how it blows in the wind, just the right amount!  When the wind really picked up during a few of the portraits I ended up wrapping the veil around my arm, which ended up giving the pictures an even softer, more romantic look that I love.








\




How did you pick your veil?  Did you find it to be as hard of a decision as I did???

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment